The "Under USD $50" Club
Mar 26, 2002 at 9:59 PM Post #31 of 33
Nobody here has mentioned the Sennheiser hd-497 yet. I just ordered a pair from etronics.com for $47. Shipping was $6.99 - does this disqualify them from this list? I assume these are a step up from the Porta Pros. As a matter of fact, to hold me over until I decided on the 497 (over the grado sr60), I got the Porta Pros at the low price of $23.99 from the yahoo vendor as delenda mentioned, but checked back recently and sadly they do not appear there anymore.
frown.gif

Mar 27, 2002 at 4:30 AM Post #32 of 33
Vince---

Msr. Mac has not stated whether the $50 has to include shipping or not. Still that is an awesome deal on the 497s!! Etronics is an excellent store, both reliable and CHEAP!! Enjoy the growing collection of phones...heh heh!
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 28, 2002 at 9:12 AM Post #33 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by taoster
The Koss ksc-50 at $35 AUD has better range, deeper bass and sharper highs than my replaced Sony MDRQ33LPS Ear Clip style headphone at $55-60 AUD. It has a nice warm sound that was very enjoyable and simply amazing for its price. It blowed the sony out in performance at half the price!! BUT as good as it sounds, I found the ear clip to be rather cheap, insecure and uncomfortable compared to the Sony ear clips.

Using the sony ear clips you can actually clip the headphone right against the ear forming a very comfortable, tight and secure fit. The Koss being bigger, sits on the edge of your ear loosely and while it'd probably not fall off it sure does feel odd and that it might fall off.

You're looking for the Koss KSC-35
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back