The Ultimate Ear 11 Pro Has Landed!
Jan 30, 2008 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

number1sixerfan

Headphoneus Supremus
DSC01763.jpg

First let me start off by saying that the customer service over at UE was great to work with you. Lori Bradley took care of my order and she replied to my emails within minutes. I sent my impressions in on friday, they received them on monday and I received the phones at 1:19pm today!(of coarse I opted for their 24hr turnaround.
biggrin.gif
)

DSC01766.jpg

DSC01769.jpg

These are just early impressions, a full review will be posted next week.

Presentation: Included is an engraved mini flight case and a smaller carrying case. They earphones themselves feel like they are of high quality. The color I choose was dark blue swirled into translucent black.

Fit/Comfort: I thought the fit was just a little off at first. It was a bit tricky trying to get it to feel perfect with my right ear. After watching the insertion demonstration on their site, the fit is nearly perfect. However, I will monitor it over the next few days to figure out if I want to get the right ear redone.(it seems like the canal may be a bit too long).

Size: The actual monitors look a lot smaller than pictures on the web suggest. They don't stick out much and they do not feel too big. I think I will be feel pretty comfortable with these on in public.

Sound: (Too early to rate). I have to admit that when I first put them in without the proper fit, I thought that I had wasted $1200+. However, after an hour plus and figuring out the fit they are jaw dropping(especially for their size). I can say that I am pleased with most aspects of the sound. They are quite amazing for their size. The sound can definitely compete with most full sized headphones.

This is the first thing that stuck out, their fullness of sound is really uncanny for the size of the monitors. The next aspect that leaped out and grabbed me was the gobs of detail it was resolving. It can almost compete with just about every headphone I have ever heard in this regard. As for the soundstage, it is very wide from left to right. However, it is not very wide from front to back nor is it tall.

I will post more impressions as they come.

Richard

Jan 30, 2008 at 9:32 PM Post #3 of 8
Damn! Those look nice in the dark translucent color choice.
Guess I have a third item on my WTB list now...
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your UE11s look nice. Maybe get a pic with better light?

Yea, I'm a very poor photographer.
biggrin.gif
I've tried with and without flash with no luck. I will try to get a few more.

Jan 31, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #8 of 8
Look forward to your further impressions.
Nice color choice pair with the black iPod btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back