The Ultimate Digital Portable Solution
Jan 15, 2013 at 1:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

nsajuve

New Head-Fier
 Hi guys. As you can see i'm new to this forum... I'm a car/home audio audiophile. I'm new to the portable audio world. By reading various threads i've learned that a mobile phone with usb audio-out capabilities should allow me to use a portable setup like this :  Phone--->DAC--->Amp. However, i own a Nokia 808 Pureview phone and i like it...despite the OS problems etc. I have an ipod touch and a ipod classic... but i'm planning to sell them due to lack of usb audio out.

Thinking about the possibilities, i am considering getting myself an android mobile phone and use it as a portable media player in order to have that usb audio thing....
As a beginner i'm considering to get myself a portable dac+amp device for my future android phone.... After some research i came across this tiny device that can be the ultimate portable solution for me :

The Centrance DACPort. But as i navigate i learn that there are other devices out there that can compete with this guy in terms of SQ (When used as a dac/amp combo). Can you suggest others?

Thank you 

Thank you in advance (Sorry for my imperfect english...)

Jan 17, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #3 of 6
The DACPort is designed to work with a laptop or desktop and won't work with a phone - it draws too much current.  There are a number of portable DACs that will work with at least some Android phones.  There's a substantial thread on that on this site.  Take a look there and see what you think.

Jan 17, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #4 of 6
Ultimate Digital Portable

Rockboxed 8GB Clip+ + 64GB microSD + FLAC files + Frogbeats C4 = Ultimate Portable Rig.

Jan 18, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
The DACPort is designed to work with a laptop or desktop and won't work with a phone - it draws too much current.  There are a number of portable DACs that will work with at least some Android phones.  There's a substantial thread on that on this site.  Take a look there and see what you think.

I'm planning to create a costum usb cable....which has the 2 internal power cables hooked to a portable power supply and 2 two data transfer cables hooked to the phone usb out system.... so basically the amp gets it's power from elsewhere.....
 At least i think it's doable.... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back