The UE Super.fi 5 EB/Pro Appreciation Thread
Jan 17, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #61 of 107
I don't really think these can benefit from burn-in, but that is what I think.

The earphones would come with a little wax removal tool, I use it when I can to clean my nozzles and tips.

If my tips are getting really work (the silicon ones), then I use a bit of hot water and clean em and let em dry.

Mar 12, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #62 of 107
Mm...got the eb's about a month ago? and using my old vmoda bass freq's silicon tips fits my ear so much better =D, Now im curious about what the Exacty difference between the EB and Pro...is EB just exactly the same with pro except more bass?

loving my EB's

Mar 15, 2008 at 1:04 PM Post #63 of 107
Got my super fis yesterday for a steal. The black silicon tips are too big for me, but the smaller grey ones fit. They are comfortable enough, but I'd like something a bit more comfortable. Are the Comptly tips more comfortable than the silicon ones?

Mar 16, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #65 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoodlikegaza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my super fis yesterday for a steal. The black silicon tips are too big for me, but the smaller grey ones fit. They are comfortable enough, but I'd like something a bit more comfortable. Are the Comptly tips more comfortable than the silicon ones?

cool.gif
I like the Comply's ALOT!! They stay more secure than the silicon and feel as comfy as the etymotc foamies. I can't speak for the olives, as I was never able to get them on appropriately..

Mar 16, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #66 of 107
I just got my 5 EBs and I am loving them. They can boom and they play clear. I need to listen more. The jump from stock buds to these makes me think that it can't happen twice. Can the music change that much by spending another $400?

Apr 14, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #67 of 107
Received the super.fi 5 Pro today, I'm quite impressed actually, coming from my Shure E1. In the past I already used the UM2, E2C, E5C and ER4P/S, but none of these satisfied me, either too coloured or too dry. The UE 5 Pro does not feel weighted in the bass region compared to the UM2, and I'm thankful for that. The sound is balanced, just like the E1 delivers. The super.fi has more resolution and clarity, so I'm a happy buyer
smily_headphones1.gif
Only complaints are the short cable and the cable noise that can be heard while listening (when touching the memory wire for example). Comfort is great, the memory wire is something I always wanted.

Apr 14, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #69 of 107
Yeah, I've noticed that too. The cable is thick and doesn't bend easily, a complete opposite to the E1 or Westone UM2 cable. But it's similar to other Shure products. One other thing I noticed, these things are small! I don't quite understand why people call them bulky or 'big' in general. Sure, compared to my E1, that's true, but overall, it's definately not huge. I think these IEMs sound natural and clean (transparent). A great purchase from Earphonesolutions when you look at the euro/dollar ratio, and off course the company itself with great price reduction. In Belgium, they usually sell for €200-250, which is around US $325-400. I didn't have to pay any taxes, which is awesome
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #71 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuzzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey nog een belg een van de weinige die ik hier gezien heb
biggrin.gif

offtopic
redface.gif

It's been a while
biggrin.gif
I wasn't interested any longer and I 'left' the forum. My E1 is dying on me, right channel doesn't work properly sometimes, so I decided to buy a product from UE and the quality is excellent. Too bad there aren't many super.fi 5 Pro lovers around here, this topic is quite embarassing compared to other appreciation topics.

Apr 14, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #73 of 107
I think the lack of SF5 Pro love comes from the fit issues many people have with them. I found that they fit me rather well after the FS mod though.

I have to say though, the design has long been surpassed. UE needs to update its universal line, IMO.

Apr 14, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #74 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by vulc4n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the lack of SF5 Pro love comes from the fit issues many people have with them. I found that they fit me rather well after the FS mod though.

I have to say though, the design has long been surpassed. UE needs to update its universal line, IMO.

To be honest, the UM2 on this forum, which is very high regarded in terms of comfort, I found these to be the worst compared to other IEMs. It's very subjective in the end. Also, the super.fi 5 Pro is easier to fit in your ears, even compared to my E1. I'm not going to try out the FS mod, I'm fine the way things are right now. I was surprised though about the thin cable, I thought it would be thicker. Maybe the improved cable has this feature or the triple.fi or customs, don't know for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back