The UE Super.fi 5 EB/Pro Appreciation Thread
Dec 25, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #47 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertInTheShape /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i got my hi-fi 5 pros today. Yes, they do sound great. although not as loud as i would like. can anyone recommend a good amp that would properly push these babies into outer space?

RSA Tomahawk - best combo ever, sooooooo awesome!

Dec 25, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #48 of 107
I'm using them with an ibasso p2 with great success, and this is without a high quality lod (alo bling bling on the way, currently using an ebay special from hong kong) Very sturdy combo!

Jan 17, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #50 of 107
Just ordered my SF5's!

I've used the er6i's, and am currently using the premium headphones that come with the new zune 80.

What should I expect sound-wise? Will it be fuller than the premium buds? Clearer? Does anybody have both the SF5's and the zune buds to give me some sort of expectation?

Jan 17, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #52 of 107
After having Sony MDR-EX51's paired with 1st gen ipod nano then moving onto creative zen micro (the oldest one possible) with super fi pro.. I have to say you can really see a difference and appreciate good quality sound.

I tried my friends Panasonic retro style ones which she likes.. two seconds later I was like god these are muddy.. she just gave me a :| face, didn't get it and moved on. In the metro (subway), I am submerged in music, total eargasm. It's great.

Jan 17, 2008 at 6:35 AM Post #53 of 107
I popped my new super.fi 5 pros in for a quick listen during burn-in. They are quite a step-up from my e2c's. Even with the short burn-in, the clarity and full-range sound are great.

Jan 17, 2008 at 1:45 PM Post #54 of 107
I was disappointed when my winter break ended because that meant less time with my SR225 and more time with my SF5 Pro.

But then when I started using my SF5 Pro more I once again fell in love with them. For portable use and reasonable price, you can't do better.

Jan 17, 2008 at 2:55 PM Post #55 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by boclcown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered my SF5's!

I've used the er6i's, and am currently using the premium headphones that come with the new zune 80.

What should I expect sound-wise? Will it be fuller than the premium buds? Clearer? Does anybody have both the SF5's and the zune buds to give me some sort of expectation?

They are a HUGE step up from the ER6i's be prepared to be blown away! There is one department which I feel the ER6i's are stronger though, this is noise isolation, when using the Shure Olives with the ER6 the noise isolation is excellent.

I think you'll really enjoy the Super.fi5 pros! I love mine!
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers,

Donny

Jan 17, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #56 of 107
And remember that you can use the Shure Olives with you SF5Pros. What I have done along with others here is to take the middle plastic piece out (takes a little prying) and just slide them right on. Very comfortable and isolation is better.

Jan 17, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #60 of 107
another question: the packets that came with the headphones recommend extensive cleaning after every use. how much cleaning should actually be done? also, i am in a dorm at college, so my resources are somewhat limited. what should i use to clean them and how? i do not want to damage them or mistreat them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back