The Treblehead Club
Oct 28, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #46 of 168
I'm not sure if this thread is about having bright treble or quality treble, but if the latter is fine too, then the vintage (i.e. 1980s) version of the beyer DT990 is up that alley. They're not bright phones overall, but, like I've mentioned in a few threads, they've got the best cymbals I've heard, absolutely gorgeous.

I don't know how the modern 880 or 990 compare, but in any case the vintage version is four times cheaper.

Oct 30, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #47 of 168
Brighter than the sun~!

I do love my phones slightly bright by the treble needed to be good, or it's just ear bleedingly bad. More important than that, Midrange is the most important factor for me IMO.

Yes, I have gone through multiple cables and tips on the TF10, mids are acceptable now but not what I call great.

Bring on the midrange club?

Oct 30, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #48 of 168

Quote:
Brighter than the sun~!
I do love my phones slightly bright by the treble needed to be good, or it's just ear bleedingly bad. More important than that, Midrange is the most important factor for me IMO.
Yes, I have gone through multiple cables and tips on the TF10, mids are acceptable now but not what I call great.
Bring on the midrange club?

That would be the Shure fan club. 
tongue.gif

Oct 30, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #49 of 168
Eww, Shure. D;

I only really like the SE535, SRH840, SRH940. Still no where having DAT MIDS which my STAX and Audio Technica gives me.

AD1000PRM, SR-404LE have great treble, but even more fun midrange~ I am really split between a treble head and someone that loves fun mids.

Oh yes, my hate of the SE530 is still showing... Where is the treble gone!

Oct 31, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #50 of 168
 I'm also a treble-head. Sad that we're all force to live with this ugly society that we know as the "bass-heads"

Be careful everyone I don't want to see bass-heads rollin up in here with there bass blasted so high it rattles your brain. 
blink.gif

But in all seriousness treble is the way to go! 
L3000.gif

Oct 31, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #51 of 168
If I can hear HF that the average person around me can't hear, I want something that does it well! Good bass is fun and all, but if that's all you have, it sounds like you're listening through a wall.

In my physics class last year, I was amazed to find I was one of the only ones to be able to hear above a 15k test tone.

Oct 31, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #55 of 168

We were talking about hearing loss and how you lose the upper frequencies first. The teacher then decided to play some test tones from about 1kHz to 20kHz and 90% of the class couldn't hear 15k or above.

I thought it was interesting that my ability to do that and my current trebleheadedness both exist. I figure they have to be associated somehow :p

Oct 31, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #56 of 168

Quote:
We were talking about hearing loss and how you lose the upper frequencies first. The teacher then decided to play some test tones from about 1kHz to 20kHz and 90% of the class couldn't hear 15k or above.
I thought it was interesting that my ability to do that and my current trebleheadedness both exist. I figure they have to be associated somehow
tongue.gif

Maybe they weren't really focusing, high frequencies sound a little like tinnitus, which sounds like the ringing you hear in a quiet/soundproof room/circumaural headphone that's not playing music. Or they could be 800 year old zombies who eat little children to preserve their youth. o.0

Nov 1, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #57 of 168

Quote:
So treblehead song recomendations? Beautiful airy highs, quick melodies?

Here are my faves:

The Eagles - Hotel California (live) from Hell Freezes Over -- I swear to you that this song is made for B2/DBA-02
Nelly Furtado - Like a Bird
Destiny's Child - Bills Bills Bills (WOW - not recommended for a non-treble lover if using analytical IEM's, the treble will splatter your brain literally)

Nov 1, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #58 of 168

Quote:

I thought it was interesting that my ability to do that and my current trebleheadedness both exist. I figure they have to be associated somehow
tongue.gif

Fair game, try downsampling from 44.1kHz to 32kHz to see what you think of the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back