The time has come to buy.
Jan 20, 2009 at 2:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Greymoor

New Head-Fier
Well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. As I waited for the K.I.C.A.S. Caliente group buy to open work decided to turn my 5-day weekend into a 5-day work fest. While time off is nice, my share of the extra money (The wife gets her cut first
biggrin.gif
) has made it so I can afford a DAC to go with the amp. So with everything ordered the set-up will be. . .

Denon M31 -> BJC Optical -> Cambridge DACMagic -> Vampire Wire SC OFC ICs-> Purity Audio Caliente -> HD650

It will most likely take a several weeks for all the parts to make it to me so I will give a report when I have had time to listen.

Having been a lurker for years on this site I would like to thank all of the people who have taken the time to post their experiences and what they have learned. Varied opinions have had me like a dog chasing his own tail but through it I have gleaned enough information to jump on the bandwagon and hear for myself. I would like to say that this concludes my foray into a headphone system building but one thing I have heard over and over here is they only thing for certain is that my wallet will be in pain. So I guess I can only say . . . Sorry wallet.

Jan 20, 2009 at 12:06 PM Post #2 of 6
Congratulations! be sure to let us know how things turn out, but I'm sure you'll be happy. I was reading skylabs review and he seemed to like the KICAS quite a bit too. And yeah, somehow I don't think this will be the conlcusion to your little venture either so I'm gonna apologise to your wallet on your behalf too!

Jan 20, 2009 at 12:13 PM Post #3 of 6
Congratz. Your setup looks just great, please post here of your impressions, because I'm getting a Solid State amp also, and have my eyes on the HD650 for the future.

Jan 20, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #5 of 6
Nice setup. Congratulations!
smile.gif

Jan 26, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks for the words of encouragement.

The cables are all in and the DAC should ship Wednesday. Now I just have to wait for the group buy to close Feb 1 so the building phase can start on the amp. The waiting is brutal! I only hope I can hold on.
tongue_smile.gif

Tick . . tick . . tick . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back