The Three Kings: Utopia ~ LCD-4 ~ HE1000v2
Mar 6, 2017 at 5:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

JohnnyCakes

Formerly known as talkingmuffin
I'm thinking of adding the HiFiMAN HE1000v2 to my arsenal to complete the trio.  

I have not heard the HE1000v2.  Is it worth getting if I already have the LCD-4 and Utopia?  I think the Focal and the Audeze have enough distinct traits that make them complementary to each other and worth owning concurrently. 

Does the HE1000v2 sound more like the Utopia or the LCD-4?  or does it split the difference pretty nicely?

For those who own all three (or have put in enough time with each to make an informed opinion), how would you rank them?

And lastly, how great a time is it to be a headphone guy (or gal) right now?!?  Just amazing, amazing pieces, all of them.  

L3000.gif

Mar 7, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #3 of 7
I have the HEK and the Utopia, and have extensively listened to LCD4. 

IMHO HEK is somewhat in the middle between LCD4 and Utopia. and depending on your expectations could be worth or not. 

of course, all IMHO and YMMV

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #4 of 7
  Easy...all three!
evil_smiley.gif
 With the SR-009 and Z1R, these headphones round out my personal "Top 5".

i don't see a review of the Sony Z1R on your awesome website.

still to come?

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #5 of 7
For me the HEK v2 bests the Utopia-its just that bit easier to listen to. Its very nearly as detailed but let's the music flow rather than inject it into your brain.

I've returned my Utopia's as i can't afford more than one pair of totl cans and i just couldn't see then getting the head time.

Both have slight advantages and disadvantages over each other - they really are very close in performance.

If i had to pick which was technically better I'd say the Utopia but i (much) prefer the HEK's.

Not heard the LCD4 I'm afraid so can't comment on that.

Mar 7, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #6 of 7

i don't see a review of the Sony Z1R on your awesome website.

still to come?

Yeah...that's me....work's been a bit hectic.
redface.gif
 I will get around to it soon. But I can say the Z1Rs (along with the new LCD-XC and Ether C Flow) are my favourite closed-back headphones I've listened to yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back