The Swiss Head-Fiers official census
Mar 23, 2021 at 9:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 571

NewEve

1000+ Head-Fier
It's a small country and — likely — an even smaller community… but how small?

If you're a Swiss(-based) head-fier and would like to come out of the woods, this is the place!

@F700 & @linknet are two I know of :wink:

P.S. It's absolutely ok to remain hidden in a bunker though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #2 of 571
Let's get together on this thread :wink:

Mar 23, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #3 of 571
bunker ... sounds ok to me :)

Mar 23, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #5 of 571
Originally from central switzerland - so swiss-german speaking part ^^

The Gumby sounds great in my opinion. Very good mix of detailed and not harsh or fatiguing that is usually difficult to find in a DAC. Can highly recommend it.
I like the fact that I can use it with solid state amps and still get a non fatiguing sound :)

Mar 23, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #6 of 571
Originally from central switzerland - so swiss-german speaking part ^^

The Gumby sounds great in my opinion. Very good mix of detailed and not harsh or fatiguing that is usually difficult to find in a DAC. Can highly recommend it.
I like the fact that I can use it with solid state amps and still get a non fatiguing sound :)
Good to know, I've been eyeing the Lyr for a while now :p

Bis bald, Tschüss!

Mar 25, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #12 of 571
I have to say that living in NY for the past 2 years was great for the hobby. Having access to Audio46 and The Headphone Annex in Manhattan, as well as CanJam, were great to try out new things. Buying and selling on Head-Fi is also easier and more convenient.

I was living in Singapore from 2016 & 2018, and that was great for the hobby too.

Is K55.ch still the only proper store in Switzerland? I don't go to Zurich often :disappointed:

Mar 25, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #13 of 571
I have to say that living in NY for the past 2 years was great for the hobby. Having access to Audio46 and The Headphone Annex in Manhattan, as well as CanJam, were great to try out new things. Buying and selling on Head-Fi is also easier and more convenient.

I was living in Singapore from 2016 & 2018, and that was great for the hobby too.

Is K55.ch still the only proper store in Switzerland? I don't go to Zurich often :disappointed:
Stop teasing 😈

Yup, K55.ch is still the way to go. They started to have decent stocks of Campfire Audio as well as other less common yet big brands out there though they do not dabble in mid/high-chifi... yet 😜

The point of this thread is also to facilitate local exchanges and/or buy/sell given that we very often have to buy blind here... 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #14 of 571
k55 actually had a home listen during the last couple of weeks, I borrowed so much stuff from them, Abyss Diana, Hifiman Arya, Focal Clear, as well as Chord Hugo 2, and 2Go, as well as iFi Diablo, super nice folks, answering my questions over email, letting me try things out, just the best.

Mar 25, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #15 of 571
k55 actually had a home listen during the last couple of weeks, I borrowed so much stuff from them, Abyss Diana, Hifiman Arya, Focal Clear, as well as Chord Hugo 2, and 2Go, as well as iFi Diablo, super nice folks, answering my questions over email, letting me try things out, just the best.
I saw this but you've got to cough up 100% of the amount as a deposit right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back