The Super Freq custom fit IEMs (My Journey)
Jan 9, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #152 of 275
can anyone recommend an audiologist in the Vancouver, BC area?

What about that free Costco thing. Anybody take that route?

Jan 9, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #154 of 275
It's going to be nuts for the FreQ guys, cause once reviews come out, if they are good, so many of us will flood the site with our orders. They are gonna have some busy periods coming up.

I was also considering getting the 3 driver and the 1 driver pair for funsies, just as a spare throw around pair.

Jan 9, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #155 of 275
I emailed them asking if they can offer a "ear changing shape warranty"

let's see what they say
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2008 at 6:12 AM Post #157 of 275
They better be good with the custom designs considering the price you're paying for them!

Jan 9, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #158 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's going to be nuts for the FreQ guys, cause once reviews come out, if they are good, so many of us will flood the site with our orders. They are gonna have some busy periods coming up.

I was also considering getting the 3 driver and the 1 driver pair for funsies, just as a spare throw around pair.

Seriously, I think they are somewhat slow right now. They are still working out the kinks and making sure they don't regret sending something out, heh. I'm sure if it's good, then they'll dedicate more resources to this venture.

I enjoy thinking about how these things will turn out. I can envision the two extremes: it being a crappy looking McDonald's happy meal thing that sounds like something for bassheads or it being this amazingly well designed and sounding earphone that's going to rock my socks, haha. I think the door to both extremes are still open, which I why I thought it would be fun to buy these.

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:51 AM Post #161 of 275
Quote:

I don't think our ears change once we hit 19/20. I think its as a kid and maybe in our teens that they may change.

They still change with weight throughout your lifetime. As long as you stay within approximately 20 pounds of what you got them as, you'll have no problems. Even then, only minor typically.

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:58 AM Post #162 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They still change with weight throughout your lifetime. As long as you stay within approximately 20 pounds of what you got them as, you'll have no problems. Even then, only minor typically.

I'm no doctor but I would say that the ear continue to grow, just look at how big ears old people tend to have without being overweight.

Jan 9, 2008 at 12:44 PM Post #163 of 275
Quote:

I don't think our ears change once we hit 19/20. I think its as a kid and maybe in our teens that they may change.

No, ears (as well as noses) continue to grow for the entirety of our lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back