The Summer 2005 Bay Area Meet at the Radisson Hotel San Jose Airport!!
Aug 13, 2005 at 7:34 AM Post #91 of 96
yeah, you got some beautiful close ups. esspecially that one of the tubes. it would make a good head-fi front page pic. i'll have to bring my camera next time....

thanks!

Aug 13, 2005 at 4:47 PM Post #92 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by calaf
test pics? Just picked up? Wow! You sure know how to use a camera! I am going to make a big printout of that close-up of the Woo 3 tubes...

Thanks, calaf and rhythmdevils. I'll pass the message along to Wendy since it was her that took the shots that morning. :)

I forgot to mention that if anyone is interested in a full-res (up to 3008 x 2000, uncropped) shot of a photo or two, PM me with your e-mail and which file(s) (comes up when you "Save Picture As...") and I'll fire 'em over to you.

Cheers!

BTW: I'm not in-the-know when it comes to the wealth of gear represented at the meet. Feel free to drop a comment on photos if you know what it is.

Aug 19, 2005 at 4:09 AM Post #93 of 96
Did anyone get a chance to compare the XLR output of a DAC1 straight into a pair of recabled cans versus the single-ended output of the DAC1 into any well-regarded non-balanced amp into the single-ended version of the same pair of cans?

Aug 21, 2005 at 2:49 AM Post #94 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spektrograf
Thanks, calaf and rhythmdevils. I'll pass the message along to Wendy since it was her that took the shots that morning. :)

I forgot to mention that if anyone is interested in a full-res (up to 3008 x 2000, uncropped) shot of a photo or two, PM me with your e-mail and which file(s) (comes up when you "Save Picture As...") and I'll fire 'em over to you.

Cheers!

BTW: I'm not in-the-know when it comes to the wealth of gear represented at the meet. Feel free to drop a comment on photos if you know what it is.

[size=small]Great photoes![/size]
orphsmile.gif
600smile.gif
280smile.gif

Oct 8, 2005 at 5:37 PM Post #96 of 96
Tyll-

Thanks for posting your pics from San Jose and your impressions on the '05 meet tour in your other thread. [That's me enjoying your Micro stack in the last pic.] Aside from the amount of gear you haul into these meets (which is great and much appreciated) your presence along with Mikhail, Ray, and Todd really made a difference at the San Jose meet, which was my first. There was a lot to learn and share, and having the actual sources of many of our communal fixations raised the level of conversation and involvement at the meet. It seems pretty unique even among other audio/audiophile subsets to have these large meets and to have them attended by manufacturers. It's a great thing and I hope you can convince the company to keep funding your roadshow!
600smile.gif

The upcoming National Meet should really be a landmark event from all indications. I hope others read your post about your meet impressions because I was certainly one of those people trying to figure out what to do and how to do it at the beginning of the SJ meet. Once it got rolling and I got more comfortable that even a noob could fit in and have a good time talking with a wide range of other enthusiasts, I had a great time. Your advice of just jumping in and mixing it up is exactly the way to go. See you in New York!

V.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back