The strangest Pizza you made.
Oct 13, 2004 at 9:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

bangraman

Headphoneus Supremus
In my case, a Chicken Tikka Massala Pizza using a stuffed Nan as a base. I thickened the Massala and threw some extra vegetables in, spread a layer of passata on the Nan then put the Massala on top, covered it with parmigiano and baked.

I have absolutely no recollection why I decided to make it, but I ate it. Needless to say, I was drinking at the time.

Let's hear your odd creations.

Oct 13, 2004 at 10:00 PM Post #2 of 27
Nan?( Pita Bread, right?) Chicken Tikka Massala?

I haven`t heard those terms in a while...

Edit: this was post 666 by me.

Oct 13, 2004 at 10:08 PM Post #3 of 27
I guess it had to be the one I whipped up when I was a starving musician. I used a road-kill opossum for my "all meat" on toast with a little ketchup and American cheese. The little critter was right in front of my house in amazingly good condition considering that bus.

Tasty, but primative...

tongue.gif

Oct 13, 2004 at 10:44 PM Post #6 of 27
I used to deliver pizzas many years ago. During one hectic night, as I stepped out of my car, the pizza box slipped out of my hands and the pizza came out and fell face down onto the road. Because we were busy, the pizza had sat on top of the oven for a while before I picked it up for delivery, so it was a little dry and hard. That made it easy for me to pick up the pieces, get back into my car, pick off most of the small stones that were stuck to the cheese, and re-arrange the slices into a circle again. I knew ( and wasn't very fond of ) the guy who had ordered the pizza, so I didn't feel much remorse from my actions. In fact, the next day at school I could hardly contain my laughter when he told me the pizza I had delivered had bones in the pepperoni. I guess I didn't get all the rocks off of it.

Oct 13, 2004 at 10:53 PM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
In my case, a Chicken Tikka Massala Pizza using a stuffed Nan as a base. I thickened the Massala and threw some extra vegetables in, spread a layer of passata on the Nan then put the Massala on top, covered it with parmigiano and baked.

I have absolutely no recollection why I decided to make it, but I ate it. Needless to say, I was drinking at the time.

Let's hear your odd creations.

Bangra - are you Indian or do you have an Indian background? That pizza sounds VERY Indian
wink.gif

My weirdest pizza ->

Base -> Cheese -> pineapple -> Chicken -> Jalapeno -> Whipped cream - > Cheesecake Spread
tongue.gif

This was home-made BTW

Oct 13, 2004 at 10:54 PM Post #8 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
I used to deliver pizzas many years ago. During one hectic night, as I stepped out of my car, the pizza box slipped out of my hands and the pizza came out and fell face down onto the road. Because we were busy, the pizza had sat on top of the oven for a while before I picked it up for delivery, so it was a little dry and hard. That made it easy for me to pick up the pieces, get back into my car, pick off most of the small stones that were stuck to the cheese, and re-arrange the slices into a circle again. I knew ( and wasn't very fond of ) the guy who had ordered the pizza, so I didn't feel much remorse from my actions. In fact, the next day at school I could hardly contain my laughter when he told me the pizza I had delivered had bones in the pepperoni. I guess I didn't get all the rocks off of it.

Thats just wrong...tut tut
eek.gif

Oct 13, 2004 at 11:25 PM Post #9 of 27
I've made many very strange pizza's in my time Bangra but the most recent involved a few digestive biscuits, a squirt of tomato puree on each topped with a squirt of primula pineapple tubed cheese.......... grill until golden brown..........

Surprisingly tasty after 5 gallons of real ale
wink.gif

Given the right conditions I sometimes make my Pink pepperoni affair (PPA)

pizza.jpg

Oct 13, 2004 at 11:50 PM Post #10 of 27
I haven't made weird pizza, but I make weird things sometimes. Green olives and marmite on toast is one - dunno if you guys have marmite/vegemite or not. I also once triple grilled toast to see what'd happen - I grilled it and let it cool, grilled & cooled, and grilled again. It was very, very dry and hard, but edible with a large glass of water
smily_headphones1.gif

My favorite pizza is a gormet one made to order. It has bacon, pepperoni, chicken, cabanossi, and maybe another meat or two, chilli, cheese, and lots of blue cheese... yum
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 14, 2004 at 3:23 AM Post #12 of 27
When I was about 16 I went with my family to Scotland and we at at this place called Waverly Wharf (motto: wonderfully weird). They had this banana pizza and I thought, what the hell, I like pizza, I like bananas. Let's just say the "crust" was banana peels. No, I didn't eat it.

Oct 14, 2004 at 8:49 AM Post #13 of 27
Let's See since I am a vegetarian the weirdest pizza i ever made was putting some spicy Malaysian Nasi Lemak Sambal as the base(no tomatoes paste on the base of the pizza),putting potatoes,vegetarian chicken and ostrich as the toppings and to top it all off,putting some green leafies on the pizza so therefore on the pizza,there was no cheese at all.I called it Nasi Lemak Pizza

Oct 14, 2004 at 8:54 AM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by knuxed
Let's See since I am a vegetarian the weirdest pizza i ever made was putting some spicy Malaysian Nasi Lemak Sambal as the base(no tomatoes paste on the base of the pizza),putting potatoes,vegetarian chicken and ostrich as the toppings and to top it all off,putting some green leafies on the pizza so therefore on the pizza,there was no cheese at all.I called it Nasi Lemak Pizza

Since when was ostrich a vegetable?
biggrin.gif

I put strange condiments on my pizza from time to time, I think the strangest ( on the taste bud spectrum ) was a plain cheese pizza with chocolate ice cream and dave's ultimate insanity sauce. It didn't taste too bad, the ice cream took some of the bitterness away from the hot sauce.

Edit: Oops, probably meant vegetarian ostrich, never knew they sold that
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back