The straight dope on 24 bit recordings.
Apr 14, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #16 of 27

Thumbs up!

Thanks for making me scroll ten times for a thumbs up.  I appreciate it.  
angry_face.gif

Apr 14, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #18 of 27
  Yes, "The truth is out there." I can't wait for someone to claim they need a 32 bit DAC.

Well if they do think that they need a 32 bit DAC these DACs are available:

http://www.moon-audio.com/fostex-hp-a8c-32-bit-dac-headphone-amplifier.html?___store=default&gclid=CjwKEAjw9bKpBRD-geiF8OHz4EcSJACO4O7TVyBEJldXinddBxQCvWz_vuLyUXq7xjDTQbB9BGyU0RoC7yLw_wcB

Apr 14, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #19 of 27

Well if they do think that they need a 32 bit DAC these DACs are available:

http://www.moon-audio.com/fostex-hp-a8c-32-bit-dac-headphone-amplifier.html?___store=default&gclid=CjwKEAjw9bKpBRD-geiF8OHz4EcSJACO4O7TVyBEJldXinddBxQCvWz_vuLyUXq7xjDTQbB9BGyU0RoC7yLw_wcB

If only the DR and SNR could match the resolution, with the proper amping one might start an earthquake. Goes along with that other nutty storyline, "You can never have enough wattage."

Apr 14, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #20 of 27
  If only the DR and SNR could match the resolution, with the proper amping one might start an earthquake. Goes along with that other nutty storyline, "You can never have enough wattage."

At least high wattage has some basis in reality - large drivers, such as those used for subwoofers, do require more watts than small drivers. However like all things audiophile the need for massive amounts of watts (power) is taken to the extreme, so extreme that any basis in reality is thrown out the window.

Apr 14, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #21 of 27

At least high wattage has some basis in reality - large drivers, such as those used for subwoofers, do require more watts than small drivers. However like all things audiophile the need for massive amounts of watts (power) is taken to the extreme, so extreme that any basis in reality is thrown out the window.

I wasn't clear, the wattage thing was about headphones. Then again one couldn't start an earthquake, even with a pair of HE-6's.

Apr 14, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #24 of 27
Yes, "The truth is out there." I can't wait for someone to claim they need a 32 bit DAC.

Of course people will need 32 bit DACs. How else would they playback 32 bit audio that someone has convinced them to buy :wink:

Apr 14, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #25 of 27

I like to flashbang my enemies digitally.

Does that mean bait and switching them to a 1000 Hz square wave at 0 dB full scale, after getting them to put IEMs in and turn the volume all the way up?

Apr 15, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #26 of 27
Of course people will need 32 bit DACs. How else would they playback 32 bit audio that someone has convinced them to buy
wink.gif

Sounds like a new product on the way, the Pono Deluxe, shaped like a Rubik's Cube. 
blink.gif
 You have to solve it to get into 32 bit mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back