The Storm Pandora Thread
Oct 5, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #122 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes

Amen to that brother!

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #123 of 174
Hi, it's been three months since the first post regarding this new product. Has all been made well with the people who never received their units from a year or more ago. If they have let's hear all the comments from thoses folks about this new unit.

Oct 7, 2007 at 6:22 AM Post #124 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, it's been three months since the first post regarding this new product. Has all been made well with the people who never received their units from a year or more ago. If they have let's hear all the comments from thoses folks about this new unit.

Not only does it seem that the people who paid last time around are still left holding the bag--without receiving product or refunds, but the new product has only made its way into a few hands. I still cannot believe people here will even consider dealing with this "company".

Oct 8, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #125 of 174
Actually, Ken is taking customer feedback quite seriously. For example, the guy who took delivery of his Pandora but had a chip on the face plate from rough shipping let Ken know about it. Ken has now completely redesigned the packaging based on this feedback. I'd much rather him do that than quickly ship me a unit and have it arrive compromised.

I think people who are not in the loop should be careful before mouthing off about circumstances they know nothing about. If you don't want to deal with this "company" then just ignore this thread and let the people who are interested get on with it.

Oct 8, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #126 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by sjalloq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, Ken is taking customer feedback quite seriously. For example, the guy who took delivery of his Pandora but had a chip on the face plate from rough shipping let Ken know about it. Ken has now completely redesigned the packaging based on this feedback. I'd much rather him do that than quickly ship me a unit and have it arrive compromised.

I think people who are not in the loop should be careful before mouthing off about circumstances they know nothing about. If you don't want to deal with this "company" then just ignore this thread and let the people who are interested get on with it.

Ken should have known better than to ship that Pandora like he did because that wasn't much better packaging than what I received. I got after him back then to do better in regards to shipping materials which he seems to have ignored so it seems to me Ken isn't taking customer feedback quite as seriously as you might think.

Oct 8, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #127 of 174
OK, point accepted. But what's the point in everyone just mouthing off the whole time - it serves no purpose.

Actually, one thing that is hard to grasp from this forum is actually how many people are still waiting on some form of resolution to the original D02 problem. Did someone from the forum take responsibility to manage the feedback to Ken or did everyone email him directly? Has anyone kept track of who has and who hasn't got a replacement/refund? Or is this all in a different thread that someone could point me to?

Oct 8, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #128 of 174
Quote:

Actually, one thing that is hard to grasp from this forum is actually how many people are still waiting on some form of resolution to the original D02 problem. Did someone from the forum take responsibility to manage the feedback to Ken or did everyone email him directly? Has anyone kept track of who has and who hasn't got a replacement/refund? Or is this all in a different thread that someone could point me to?

For his own purposes I think rincewind may have scoured Head-Fi to determine, as best he could, who was waiting on what. He posted this a while ago so I'm not sure what he's up to these days.

Oct 8, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #129 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not only does it seem that the people who paid last time around are still left holding the bag--without receiving product or refunds, but the new product has only made its way into a few hands. I still cannot believe people here will even consider dealing with this "company".

You summed up my thoughts exactly.
So sad.

Oct 9, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #130 of 174
as far as i can tell ken is working towards making right regarding refunds etc. i'm pretty sure that he just wants to get everyone on headfi sorted out to allow him to start fresh, in a way.

it still sucks for everyone involved, of course, but people who are not involved in it should probably stop posting "omg why hasn't ken refunded yet i cant beleive you do business with him" because it doesn't do anything to help, and is getting really annoying. there's not much we can do except wait, and post updates on what ken tells us. to have people posting up when they clearly have no idea what's going on is really annoying

also, thats supposed to be in the other thread! this thread is for reviews only
wink.gif
i think that died a few pages back...

Oct 9, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #131 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
as far as i can tell ken is working towards making right regarding refunds etc. i'm pretty sure that he just wants to get everyone on headfi sorted out to allow him to start fresh, in a way.

it still sucks for everyone involved, of course, but people who are not involved in it should probably stop posting "omg why hasn't ken refunded yet i cant beleive you do business with him" because it doesn't do anything to help, and is getting really annoying. there's not much we can do except wait, and post updates on what ken tells us. to have people posting up when they clearly have no idea what's going on is really annoying

also, thats supposed to be in the other thread! this thread is for reviews only
wink.gif
i think that died a few pages back...

That's a ridiculous statement!

It might not do anything to help Ken Law, who's already had well over a year to make things right, and has failed miserably.
However it does serve to educate a potential buyer who is not aware of what they may be getting themselves into.

You may have wanted to separate this thread from the other thread about Storm Audio, but some members feel a responsibility to warn potential buyers about possible problems they may encounter. And since Ken Law most certainly has not cleared up those past issues, they not only have a right, but a responsibility to do so. They are not two separate issues as you'd have us believe!

You have your Pandora, and you're happy...Great. However you're a distinct minority, and others have every right to post their concerns.

Oct 9, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #132 of 174
Quote:

Yeah, minus the people who paid for a DAC they never received! PPL need to know that Ken left many Head fiers out to dry, so they won't become a victim themselves.. I'll keep 'mouthing off' until everyone who paid him for the Storm DAC gets a refund.. How ppl can give this guy a free pass is beyond me..

Oct 9, 2007 at 9:13 AM Post #133 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a ridiculous statement!

It might not do anything to help Ken Law, who's already had well over a year to make things right, and has failed miserably.
However it does serve to educate a potential buyer who is not aware of what they may be getting themselves into.

You may have wanted to separate this thread from the other thread about Storm Audio, but some members feel a responsibility to warn potential buyers about possible problems they may encounter. And since Ken Law most certainly has not cleared up those past issues, they not only have a right, but a responsibility to do so. They are not two separate issues as you'd have us believe!

You have your Pandora, and you're happy...Great. However you're a distinct minority, and others have every right to post their concerns.

someone posting "omg he still hasn't refunded? ken is so lame" again and again and again, when they're not involved in the thing is really frustrating and it wont help anyone get their money any faster.

especially peopel who post up "so, has anyone got their refund yet?" when they know damn well that they haven't (because they'll post up when they do). These people are purely trying to stir things up for the sake of seeing some drama on the forums. if you're not involved then step back a little, unless you have some new information to post regarding the issue. if you're posting just to see drama, give it a rest

Oct 9, 2007 at 10:20 AM Post #134 of 174
Quote:

someone posting "omg he still hasn't refunded? ken is so lame" again and again and again, when they're not involved in the thing is really frustrating and it wont help anyone get their money any faster.

especially peopel who post up "so, has anyone got their refund yet?" when they know damn well that they haven't (because they'll post up when they do). These people are purely trying to stir things up for the sake of seeing some drama on the forums. if you're not involved then step back a little, unless you have some new information to post regarding the issue. if you're posting just to see drama, give it a rest

Head-fi is a community. Healthy communities care about their members, empathize with those who have lost their money, and want new members to avoid a similar fate or at least be aware of the HUGE problem. We are all involved, whether we purchased one or not, simply because we ARE a community and actually care about each other.

No one here created any drama exept Ken Law. Ken has not yet made good on paid orders long ago, and you dare to be annoyed with people who post about it while you tout his product as something worth having? What kind of shill are you? You want to choose who gets to post and who does not? You want to review a product that doesn't, and may never, exist for those who paid for it? You want to suck new members into thinking it will all be okay? I would call your attitude annoying, but dangerous, disrespectful, and disgusting are far more apt. Until Ken makes good on ALL his orders, it doesn't matter if it's the best dac in the world. He's a thief until he proves otherwise, and you have chosen to align your sentiments with him rather than with the community he screwed over. Shame on you.

Oct 9, 2007 at 11:09 AM Post #135 of 174
Quote:

but people who are not involved in it should probably stop posting...

Did you order or do you own a DAC from Storm Audio?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back