The Stax's have arrived!
Jun 3, 2003 at 7:17 AM Post #47 of 56
ablaze,

The stax sr404 leaks alot more than the HD600. I was quite suprise at how much you can hear while someone else is wearing them.

Agreed Gallaine,

I don't think I've heard a better set of headphones, with any amp when referring to string instruments. I'm also quite impressed with the midrange (especially female vocals).

Jun 3, 2003 at 7:19 AM Post #48 of 56
thanks for the reply darkclouds. was afraid of that. well, i'll just have to see how bad it is then
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2003 at 10:19 AM Post #49 of 56
Lost count on how many hours of my 4040 already as I have switched it off when I was not at home, should be over 100 and under 130.

The sound is detailed, punches are there, sound stage is wide, very good listening to Classical music, but for pop songs, my HD600/Cardas/EMP/NOS still excels it in terms of vocal and smoothness, let alone the punches.

I think I will start tube rolling the 006t a week later.

Jun 3, 2003 at 5:11 PM Post #50 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by ablaze
Gallaine,
do you find the Staxes leak more (in and out) than your HD580s? or less?

I didn't think it was possible that a pair of cans could leak more than the HD580's, but sure enough I found some. The Staxes leak sound both in and out more than the Senn.'s.

Jun 3, 2003 at 5:16 PM Post #51 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by maskrider
I think I will start tube rolling the 006t a week later.

I'm stocking up on tubes now even though I probably won't actually try them for another few weeks. I waited a month before tuberolling my MG Head and I am glad I did. It gave me a chance to become familiar with the amp.

What interconnects are you using with the Stax? Vertigo-1 indicates that interconnects can affect the sound of the Stax significantly. I'll probably start interconnect rolling before tuberolling.

Jun 3, 2003 at 5:59 PM Post #52 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by Gallaine
I'm stocking up on tubes now even though I probably won't actually try them for another few weeks. I waited a month before tuberolling my MG Head and I am glad I did. It gave me a chance to become familiar with the amp.

What interconnects are you using with the Stax? Vertigo-1 indicates that interconnects can affect the sound of the Stax significantly. I'll probably start interconnect rolling before tuberolling.

I am running a pair of Transparent Reference XLR from my Wadia 850 to the 006t right now.

Shouldn't be much more cable rolling for me unless I want to spend a lot more on Interconnects.

I think I will try some RCA on 006t later next week.

Jun 4, 2003 at 10:37 PM Post #55 of 56
Thanks Maskrider for the explanation. I would stick to SR-404 earspeakers although a pair of much older one (6-pin) may be offered from the local agent who accepted trade-in. Thanks.

Jun 5, 2003 at 1:55 AM Post #56 of 56
Quote:

I think people recommending audio they've never heard is the #1 problem at Head-Fi.

IMO the # 1 problem here, is that people try to recomend what they had heard and like, but do not take into consideration AT ALL, that everybody HAS NOT the same taste and preferences, and this includes myself also, when recommending the CD3000 over the HD600 or any other that I have heard, maybe people like the one I have not choosen....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back