The Stax Thread III
May 9, 2024 at 9:21 PM Post #25,561 of 25,567
signal-2024-05-09-211138_002.jpeg

It has taken a while but I have at last assembled every "flagship" Lambda or an equivalent variant:

-NB Lambda
-Lambda Pro (not pictured, it is with my partner at the moment)
-Lambda Signature
-Nova Signature
-404LE
-L700mk2 (not pictured, in NYC with the 009BK instead of here in NC)

I have owned these all at various points, but never all at the same time as I don't really consider myself a collector, I tend to stick to 2-3 headphones at a time max.

And on that same note, the purpose of this Lambda parliament is to determine once and for all my two, at most three, favorite models, and I will be selling the rest.

I spent most of today listening to all of them critically, will spend most of the weekend doing the same and hopefully by then I will have my final picks and thoughts on all of them. I will probably make a post discussing them all since I think they're not often discussed all in direct, hands-on comparison to one another at the same time. Also, if anyone has any questions about a specific model e.g. how it compares to another specific model on any given source material, let me know in a DM and I'll be happy to provide my thoughts.

This is the final Lambda hurrah for me. After this shoot-out, I will hunker down with my favorite models and no more Lambda, except maybe the SC-21 on here to compare to the 507 and 404LE. I will be moving on to saving up for an SR-Omega.

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 9:29 PM Post #25,562 of 25,567
signal-2024-05-09-211138_002.jpeg

It has taken a while but I have at last assembled every "flagship" Lambda or an equivalent variant:

-NB Lambda
-Lambda Signature
-Nova Signature
-404LE

I have owned these all at various points, but never all at the same time as I don't really consider myself a collector, I tend to stick to 2-3 headphones at a time max.

And on that same note, the purpose of this Lambda parliament is to determine once and for all my two, at most three, favorite models, and I will be selling the rest.

I spent most of today listening to all of them critically, will spend most of the weekend doing the same and hopefully by then I will have my final picks and thoughts on all of them. I will probably make a post discussing them all since I think they're not often discussed all in direct, hands-on comparison to one another at the same time. Also, if anyone has any questions about a specific model e.g. how it compares to another specific model on any given source material, let me know in a DM and I'll be happy to provide my thoughts.

This is the final Lambda hurrah for me. After this shoot-out, I will hunker down with my favorite models and no more Lambda, except maybe the SC-21 on here to compare to the 507 and 404LE. I will be moving on to saving up for an SR-Omega.
Very cool - please do write up a detailed report. I’ve owned most of these but it’s always great to hear a new take on it especially when all of them are there at the same time.

May 9, 2024 at 10:26 PM Post #25,563 of 25,567
Congrats and can't wait to hear your impressions. Especially curious where Nova Signature stands.

May 9, 2024 at 10:36 PM Post #25,564 of 25,567
[snip]

Please do put your thoughts to paper. I have some of those, and would appreciate your thoughts on some of the holes in my Lambda collection.

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 2:33 AM Post #25,565 of 25,567

-NB Lambda
-Lambda Signature
-Nova Signature
-404LE

Not sure I should mention this here in this thread but if it's the SR-omega you're after you might also check out the ES Labs ES1a.
It's a 1 guy company I think that designed this headphone inspired from the SR-Omega, I read the ES-1a sounds like a mix between the SR Omega and 009S.

Let me know how did you found the SR-507 compared to the 404LE (i'm currently owning the SR-407 :) ).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back