The Stax 001 system is NOT being discontinued.
Mar 26, 2002 at 10:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

setmenu

Strongly opposes a DBT-free chair forum.
After reading a rumour about a Stax plan to discontine the 001 portable system, I contacted Stax and put the question to them
and am happy to report they have no such plans.
Infact a K.Suzuki has informed me that they are planning an addition to the portable range!!
I cannot wait
biggrin.gif

So aspiring 001 owners can relax for the moment as it seems this rather nice system is to remain available.

Setmenu
smily_headphones1.gif

Team Stax

Mar 26, 2002 at 11:06 AM Post #2 of 6
Kuso, ore mo so ittanjyan.....

I told you guys that the SR-001 is not being discontinued. What that shop probably meant was that the SR-001 MKI is discontinued, not the new SR-001 MKII.

TEAM STAX
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 26, 2002 at 11:19 AM Post #3 of 6
Hi Keiso
Hope you are enjoying your new Stax system!
I thought it worth checking the 001 though.
It is the new portable product bit that interests me!
What will it be?
Infact I may get back to them and see if they will reveal more.

I did pass on this site address [+headwize] to them incase they
have not seen these forums before.

Setmenu

Mar 26, 2002 at 1:27 PM Post #5 of 6
Well, that blew any chance of me buying the SR-001 for now. Time to wait and see what else they release. (Not that I needed to be buying it right now anyway.)

It'd be great to see more Stax stuff on HeadFi. There are four or five big Stax users on HeadWize that post pretty often about them. Here, Stax seems to take a backseat to Audio Technica and Sennheiser.

It'd be great to Stax people on the board, too. I think having Jan Meier (humble beginnings aside, the guy does own a company that manufactures one of the better solid state amps now) and Tyll around is really nice. I often wonder why the headphone manufacturers haven't caught on. If nothing else, we're a good crosssection of their niche. Seems like they'd be interested.

Mar 26, 2002 at 2:12 PM Post #6 of 6
Kelly
I think manufactures are probably shy of those 'awkward' questions that could well arrise from time to time.
It would be nice to see the Stax folk contribute here,but don't hold your breath!

I have now emailed Stax regarding their planed new portable
design,whether I get any info is another matter.
The questions are only simple mind, but could give as something to speculate on,if they are forthcoming with answers.
In ear?
circumaural?
supraural?
That kind of thing.

Setmenu
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back