The Sound Is Mono From My Fiio E7/E9 Combo, what is going on?
Aug 18, 2012 at 6:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

s1mp13m4n

New Head-Fier
     Hello everyone. I was listening to music on my iMac via iTunes when the sound from my Fiio E7/E9 combo went mono. What is going on here? When I hook my headphones back up to the iMac using the stock headphone jack I have stereo. Help please. :) If I take the E7 off the E9 amp/dock and hook it to the computer via USB cable I have stereo output back. I disconnected the E9 all together and noticed it was a little warm, not hot. I started sniffing it and it has "that smell". Did it fry itself? I was using Sony MDRV6 headphones with it at the time with volume @ 9pm, so it surely was not loud. 

Aug 30, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
     Hello everyone. I was listening to music on my iMac via iTunes when the sound from my Fiio E7/E9 combo went mono. What is going on here? When I hook my headphones back up to the iMac using the stock headphone jack I have stereo. Help please. :) If I take the E7 off the E9 amp/dock and hook it to the computer via USB cable I have stereo output back. I disconnected the E9 all together and noticed it was a little warm, not hot. I started sniffing it and it has "that smell". Did it fry itself? I was using Sony MDRV6 headphones with it at the time with volume @ 9pm, so it surely was not loud. 

Sorry for the late chime-in here,,,,When you are using E7 without the E9 "hook it to the computer", I am assuming you are connecting via USB which does not use the Doc In connector?  I am wondering if the Doc connector on the E9 or on the bottom of the E7 is malfunctioning.  I have heard of this problem before, but I have not experienced for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back