the sony~~~
Oct 8, 2012 at 3:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

williamchua8

New Head-Fier
whats the different with the expensive earphone and the cheap one?? currently using the  MDREX310LP in considering upgrade to the XBA-3... does it worth the price?? what is the difference??? 
confused_face_2.gif

Oct 8, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
whats the different with the expensive earphone and the cheap one?? currently using the  MDREX310LP in considering upgrade to the XBA-3... does it worth the price?? what is the difference??? 
confused_face_2.gif

I have only tried the xba-3 once and to be honest, I was disappointed by it's performance. There are other choices in that price range that would do better than it.

Oct 8, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #3 of 8
I own XBA-3, and I must inform you that they're very player sensitive (output impedance).
I've got mine's paired with NWZ-X1050 and they're playing really well, but when I tried them with Z-series (EU) it was like "What? Where's my bass from X?". I believe it's all because Sony made something strange with with EU Z-series (damn you EU regulations :/ )

So according to one of the article about sound science to get almost 100% performance from XBA-3 player's output impednce must be lower than ~2 Ohms (the lower impedance the smaller difference in FR -> less meallic and more bassy). Balance Armature (BA) is quite hard to handle, especially Sony's one because of quite low impedance.
(If I'm wrong someone should correct me)

Compared to my MDR-EX700 and MDR-EX50 (or any other headphones or earphones I've heard), XBA-3 is much much better in clarity and soundstage. Bass is ok, but I'd like to get player with lower impedance to see if there's room to improvement :D

Oct 9, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #5 of 8
I have enjoyed the mdr-7550 a nice mid centric IEM with good bass and treble. It's only knock was isolation. I am currently using the XBA3 because I was able to get them for $99 and they are a steal at that price. I would say if you can get the XBA3 for less than $200 they are a good to great purchase.

Oct 9, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #7 of 8
4 day sale in Canada at Future Shop woohoo :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back