The Sony D-NE430 has appeared!
Mar 10, 2006 at 3:56 PM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyshedd
The must have pulled it, or it was a misprint. My search turned up nothing.

same here.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 5:27 PM Post #6 of 20
i bought one the other day at walmart...(dam head-fi!)...but havent gotten to open it play around with it yet..i did post on another thread about it...no one has it yet i guess...i wanted to get some impressions before i opened mine up...it does have fm/tv and 15mw output.....

ill probably open it up tonight...and play around with it with my ksc 75...

Mar 10, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #7 of 20
Thanks for providing the correct link, I'm sorry I did not provide it. I recently purchased the 330 from JR's in black; I cant wait to receive it. It sounds like Sony listened to the folks at headfi, with greater output and less skip protection.

Mar 11, 2006 at 1:21 AM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlindTiger
Is this why Circuit city has the older Sony's on sale?

I guess so. Shame my aunt just bought a D-NF420 about 2 weeks ago. I had no idea this model was coming out. Damn...

Mar 11, 2006 at 2:06 AM Post #10 of 20
I purchased an nf431 yesterday. Cost $100 US (Thailand) came with stick remote (no lcd), power adapter and a cheap carry case.

Will reserve comments for a few days till the "newness" factor wears off.

Mar 11, 2006 at 2:57 AM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by dead of night
Thanks for providing the correct link, I'm sorry I did not provide it. I recently purchased the 330 from JR's in black; I cant wait to receive it. It sounds like Sony listened to the folks at headfi, with greater output and less skip protection.

I know thats the same thing mine does. Its like they really went out their way for the sound this time. I thought I got a defective one because sony usually has flawless skip protection.

Mar 11, 2006 at 11:19 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omari149
I know thats the same thing mine does. Its like they really went out their way for the sound this time. I thought I got a defective one because sony usually has flawless skip protection.

This new series from Sony seems like a throwback to the classic PCDP days of yesterday. I don't think battery life should be too much of a problem; from what I understand, the D-NE330 and 430 come with AC adaptors, yes?

Mar 12, 2006 at 12:25 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by dead of night
This new series from Sony seems like a throwback to the classic PCDP days of yesterday. I don't think battery life should be too much of a problem; from what I understand, the D-NE330 and 430 come with AC adaptors, yes?

I only have the D-NE330. The Canadian and European models do, but the american models don't. Even though I have the american version the battery life isn't that much of a problem because it only takes 1 AA battery. Don't get the European version because that one only has 1mW per chanel. Only get the American or the Canadian versions.

Mar 12, 2006 at 3:43 PM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omari149
I only have the D-NE330. The Canadian and European models do, but the american models don't. Even though I have the american version the battery life isn't that much of a problem because it only takes 1 AA battery. Don't get the European version because that one only has 1mW per chanel. Only get the American or the Canadian versions.

...Or Asian/Japanese versions...

Mar 12, 2006 at 5:01 PM Post #15 of 20
A pleasant surprise is the quality of the included buds. With a few hours burn in, and level one "clearbass" they are quite acceptable for casual listening imho ...

Navigation of menus and tracks is easy and radio sound quality is good, but of course reception is dependent upon your headphone cord for an fm antenna.

The body is quite thick with a prominent battery bulge on the back ... suitable for your larger pockets only ... build quality seems sturdy and likely to handle minor bumps and falls pretty well.

So far Im pretty pleased with the purchase, Sony design / quality and a versatile piece of travellin' kit at the price of a cheap flash memory based player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back