The Sony D-NE330 and 430 series
Aug 21, 2006 at 11:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dead of night

100+ Head-Fier
It seems that for 2006, Sony only prepared two models, both similar: the 330 and the 430. I think this may be because Sony realized that all a good PCDP needs after all is a little more power per channel, 15 mW, and a simple, AA battery. The gumstick, attachable batteries and the recharging nightstand might be extraneous, I think.

Sony kept the quality up and the price down on the 30 series, about $40- $50. Why do you think Sony did not introduce any other new models for 2006?

Aug 21, 2006 at 7:45 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by dead of night
It seems that for 2006, Sony only prepared two models, both similar: the 330 and the 430. I think this may be because Sony realized that all a good PCDP needs after all is a little more power per channel, 15 mW, and a simple, AA battery. The gumstick, attachable batteries and the recharging nightstand might be extraneous, I think.

Sony kept the quality up and the price down on the 30 series, about $40- $50. Why do you think Sony did not introduce any other new models for 2006?

The market for high-end PCDP's is now almost nonexistent among the general public in the US. And Sony is now re-concentrating on the masses, not on the gadget lovers. As a result, Sony has decided to bring only their lower-end models to the US.

Aug 22, 2006 at 12:42 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver
The market for high-end PCDP's is now almost nonexistent among the general public in the US. And Sony is now re-concentrating on the masses, not on the gadget lovers. As a result, Sony has decided to bring only their lower-end models to the US.

Not only that, it doesn't look like they even make a new high-end model for ANY market.

Aug 23, 2006 at 12:16 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver

I've been holding off buying a d-ne920 for months now, waiting for the new 2006 replacement model. Eagle_Driver are you certain sony isn't waiting to release the new high-end pcpd's this fall at the same time the new ipods come out? I"ve talked to sony online and they won't say. They act like it is some huge secret to tell the public if and when a new model will come out.

Aug 24, 2006 at 1:07 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by TAF94
Eagle_Driver are you certain sony isn't waiting to release the new high-end pcpd's this fall at the same time the new ipods come out?

Actually, North America (especially the U.S.) is behind the curve as to new product introductions. The big-name consumer electronics companies usually introduce their new models to the U.S. market in the spring. Therefore, it's too late for the new 2006 Sony PCDPs in the U.S. Sony may market their high-end PCDPs elsewhere, but they will not be bringing them into the U.S. for the foreseeable future, as long as the market for such units in the U.S. is feeble. Thus, the D-NE20/920 series will be the last high-end Sony PCDPs marketed in the U.S. -- at least for a while.

Aug 30, 2006 at 1:39 PM Post #6 of 6
do ur self a favour go buy an mp3 players forget the new pcdps from sony i have the D-NF 430 MODEL which has 15mw +15mw out put i think the SQ from sony(good) players ended the day they introduced g-protection into the players and also sound enhancing features infact i have two more players (both made in japan) having analog out put (1996 models ) not sounding that good. contrary to what many think that the great sony pcdps were made before 1993(without g protection ) actually it was 1996 to b precise. vcd were introduced into market they never really took off(analog video and digital audio) they found their use only in pirate video markets any way sony introduced two models D-V8000 nad D-V7000(this is the model i have) actually looking form outside it looks very cheap made of plastic and bits of metal here and there(hey when was good sound about looks any way) open them what u see inside is simply stunning(no cheap parts here it even uses aluminium electrolytic capacitors for headphone coupling) .this one uses 4 AA size batteries .headphone out put is 15mw +15mw ,surprisingly this one sounds louder then my other two 1996 models dont know why infact very loud .this one doesnt have any g protection or sound enhancing features it simply sounds awesome forget the highs mids or bass hell it even digs out the rubbish thats recorded in cds. i think these r the last great pcdps made form sony. the present D-NF 430 i own i am still scratching my head as to where did that 15mw +15mw of power go and about the sound less said the better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back