The Sony 40th Anniversary Walkman Thread
Nov 24, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #1,126 of 3,003
Sorry but you are totally wrong. Those are not fully compatibles
Only NC will work but not at its best
Ambiant sound won't work at all with the old sets
SQ will be a step down also since A100 doesn't have proper settings for those older sets like A45/A55 series

Your MDR-NC750 might look identical to the IER-NW500N but those are différents inside. And that's why only the latest can support NC+AMB on the A45/A55 series.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 7:45 AM Post #1,130 of 3,003
Think them do sell a version with the earphones in Japan

I'm sure, they always have a model with nc earphones. Obviously it's more money, and not better than the ones we have :)

Colour coordinated too. :sunglasses:

Same exact dap of course, just bundled with the phones.

And could they have made the logo on the back of the A100 anniversary model any uglier??

Also saw that the ebay'er I got mine from had the orange colour discounted by 20 dollars.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #1,132 of 3,003
Ah the new models has Ambient Sound mode eh?
That's nice~
I stand corrected.
But doesnt it as long as the walkman can access the mic inside the IEM with that extra pole, the NC should do just fine?
Sure its a bit outdated (plus we dont know what else sony engineers change on the software ANC Profiles made for the new models other than adding in AMB mode), but not that out there on compatibility aint it?
And I got mine for the novelty binaural recording feature anyway :grin:

Sony should really advertise that niche feature more, I only ever see a single short clip showing a very rudimentary example of its effect on Sony's product page linking it to Youtube :disappointed_relieved:

Just checked NW500 online locally, someone sold them in a plastick pack at $50 recently. :confused:
God i kinda hate how Sony likes to change their product namecodes for no reason whatsoever.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #1,133 of 3,003
You should pay more attention to other people's post. All your quetions are answered already within the same page.....
Ambiant sound was mentionned many times, you even quote the sentence.
As for NC compatibility, I also answered it above

Name changed because it's different. That's all. If you're not sure about what you say, especially when you don't own the product, please use conditional next time ^^ that avoids confusion and mistakes. =)

Nov 24, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #1,134 of 3,003
You should pay more attention to other people's post. All your quetions are answered already within the same page.....

Name changed because it's different. That's all. If you're not sure about what you say, especially when you don't own the product, please use conditional next time ^^ that avoids confusion and mistakes. =)

Do you work for directly for Sony? Because the battery life and standby time are very erratic.

This seems like it could be improved in firmware- if you do work for them can you pass the message on?

Like yesterday my standby time was good, today it's draining really quick and I've changed nothing. You can read other complaints in this thread and the Japanese threads.

It's annoying to play some music, pause the dap for like 15 minutes and see 3% off battery gone. Especially whrn the day before it was hardly draining. Since I typed this I've lost another 2%.

No wifi or bluetooth, only with the music player paused.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #1,135 of 3,003

I did read what you wrote, what i mean to say is that i wasnt completely wrong about anything.
True that i wasnt working on the latest info, i didnt even know that there's an NW 500 with the same housing as my NC750 (i thought there're only 510 for the new ones) the "proper settings" you mentioned, i just explained to others that those are probably "profiles" sony makes for each Digital ANC gears, ie the old ones may not be given any profile in the new walkmans.
Not everyone knows how that ANC & Ambient Sound features of the walkmans is implemented, just saying the 5 poles is what makes it available out of the gate first.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #1,136 of 3,003
Another standby update

Now at 70% and did the 1hr of HD files in Walkman App. (Walkman App use doesn't show for some reason)
20191124_221522.jpg

Yes, thats 1 day & 12hrs. Who says there's a standby issue.

Nov 24, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #1,139 of 3,003
No.

Did you follow my earlier post and disable and shut stuff as I listed?

No mate, I missed that post, let me check it. Because mine doesn't last like that.

Ok see it. So you didn't delete anything or change permissions. I've messed with mine so much I'm going to do a factory reset and make the changes.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #1,140 of 3,003
No mate, I missed that post, let me check it. Because mine doesn't last like that.
Don't forget, with my standby test I've only played Walkman app for 1hr solid. I put back in standby and ensure nothing dormant in backgroud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back