The Sony 40th Anniversary Walkman Thread
Nov 20, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #1,021 of 3,003
Seems strange not to release to US unless its a protest vote against Trump.
Good time to do it now because I still have money to buy....hahaha

Nov 20, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #1,022 of 3,003
Good time to do it now because I still have money to buy....hahaha

They always drag their butts when it comes to the US. Maybe still sore about ww2?

We built this city. We built this city.

Well after we bombed the f out of it. Not our best moment. Trump probably gets a woody around the red button.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #1,023 of 3,003
The standby is pretty bad, I tried to tweak some settings and it hasn't helped. It's losing 2 to 3% and hour roughly. I can't see any background app activity so it must be a bug obviously.

1.06 seems to be the current firmware.

Nov 20, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #1,024 of 3,003
I wonder if the ZX507 and A105/7 will be available in the US before X’Mas or not. It probably make too little of a sense to Sony right?

Sony rarely makes sense when it comes to DAP releases on North America. We always seem to wait at least 6 months longer than the rest of the world before we see releases. I would venture to guess we won't see them here if at all until next April or May, after CES in Las Vegas. CES is Jan 7 - 10, 2020 so we should have a good idea then which models will be released here and we can start the waiting process for the actual release. Sony usually holds a press conference at the show to announce new products.

Might be a good thing, hopefully by then they will have addressed the battery drain problem

Nov 20, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #1,027 of 3,003
Yes it's off. Still drains in standby

Well, it's a 1250 maH battery so it's going to drain in standby, lol. But I just went an hour or so with 1 percent loss whereas I have serious issues with it on.

Otherwise it's as expected.

There may be 2 things going on 1.) a bug affecting battery life in a seriously fast draining way and 2.) users who expect this little thing to have the same battery life as their 6.5 inch smart phones...

My iphone 11 pro max can last like, 2 whole days with heavy usage so I know it wont' approach that level of performance...

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #1,028 of 3,003
Well, it's a 1250 maH battery so it's going to drain in standby, lol. But I just went an hour or more with 1 percent loss whereas I have serious issues with it on.

Otherwise it's as expected.

There may be 2 things going on 1.) a bug affecting battery life in a seriously fast draining way and 2.) users who expect this little thing to have the same battery life as their 6.5 inch smart phones...

It's definitely a bug or something is wrong, the standby is way better on the previous models with the same size cell.

And all my other daps, android or not don't drain as fast. The battery life is ok, just the standby time. I'm sure it will get sorted, hopefully.....

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #1,029 of 3,003
During the time since I last posted i have not lost a percent. (in standby). Last night I lost like 40 percent battery with battery saver on in an hour using it. I will see how it goes tonight.

I don't have any other daps to compare to.

Nov 20, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #1,030 of 3,003
During the time since I last posted i have not lost a percent. (in standby). Last night I lost like 40 percent battery with battery saver on in an hour using it. I will see how it goes tonight.

I don't have any other daps to compare to.

All my other daps only lose about 2 to 3% overnight.

It's my only complaint, everything else is wonderful.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #1,032 of 3,003
This lost about 10 percent last night. I am fine with that, it's not a phone after all. I am not fine about it using 44 percent battery playing music for an hour and a half.

I guess it's what you're used to, pretty much all the daps I've had I've never shut off because they all had excellent standby time. Well since my fiio x3.

Nov 20, 2019 at 8:57 PM Post #1,033 of 3,003
That's an interesting data point, but I'm not sure it's a valid comparison because "all the other daps" don't have the same circuitry that this one does. That's why you bought this one right ? because it's better ? So... yeah. Apples and Oranges ? But if you think the battery life is substandard for all daps as a class then It's hard to argue it's not right now from where I sit. I mean my old Fiio E17k had great battery life.... but it was a Fiio E17k :D

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #1,034 of 3,003
Sony should get the standby bug sorted out ..something is chewing up the battery big time not normal at all ..i just turn off my Sony for now when not used

Nov 20, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #1,035 of 3,003
Down to 97 percent in standby :O

I know what Sony is gonna say: "Walkman® players are equipped with many different functions and features. When enabled, these features will discharge the battery quicker. Adjust your Walkman settings or functions to extend the battery life."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back