The Sony 40th Anniversary Walkman Thread
Nov 16, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #871 of 3,003
Hey everyone,

New member here from the U.S. A lot of great input in this thread! I purchased the A105 from Amazon.co.uk completely unaware of the EU volume cap so I am curious to see if how the player performs (if it does have a cap). I use pair of Fiio FA1 (that I really enjoy) which shouldn't have much issue with the Sony player potentially being capped. The player should be coming in some time next week.

For others in the U.S. looking for an alternative to eBay Japanese import, I found this seller on Amazon.com for $310.00 with Free shipping (unfortunately after my purchase from the U.K. was shipped).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YYFN8HH/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A33CO5KBHCZEZR&psc=1

Welcome to headfi, sorry about your wallet :)

Nov 16, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #872 of 3,003
So I can import the A105 from amazon.ca from Tec Japan for the low low price of $608.00 CDN and that doesn't include shipping. What a steal definitely gonna order one, NOT!!!!

Are you freaking kidding me, $310 to import to US from amazon.com and almost double to Canada from amazon.ca. Why even put this on the site for that price?

Nov 16, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #873 of 3,003
So I can import the A105 from amazon.ca from Tec Japan for the low low price of $608.00 CDN and that doesn't include shipping. What a steal definitely gonna order one, NOT!!!!

Are you freaking kidding me, $310 to import to US from amazon.com and almost double to Canada from amazon.ca. Why even put this on the site for that price?

Nutters

Nov 16, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #874 of 3,003
I'm giving my guy some pressure, it still hasn't shipped and he hasn't answered any queries at all. Hell if it's 310 on premium Japan ( they usually inflate the price ) it might be only 250 or 260 US price.

Nov 16, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #877 of 3,003
Well hecks, you know it's not with that much lol. Sony or not

I know that!! I think seeing how expensive Sony DAP's are helps me justify spending half that on a new DAP. Even if I don't really need a new DAP, call it retail therapy. Kind of like looking at Mercedes Benz when I can only afford Ford. :)

As more info and from initial small review size the Hiby R3 Pro looks like a real possibility.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #878 of 3,003
I'm giving my guy some pressure, it still hasn't shipped and he hasn't answered any queries at all. Hell if it's 310 on premium Japan ( they usually inflate the price ) it might be only 250 or 260 US price.
Assuming that you paid by paypal I would be getting a complaint going if nothing else. Funny how some companys/individuals are helpful right up the the moment you give them your money. A mark of a good company or person is the amount of support you get after the sale.

I'm assuming you used a different seller to psikey?

Nov 17, 2019 at 6:58 AM Post #880 of 3,003
Assuming that you paid by paypal I would be getting a complaint going if nothing else. Funny how some companys/individuals are helpful right up the the moment you give them your money. A mark of a good company or person is the amount of support you get after the sale.

I'm assuming you used a different seller to psikey?

Yep, update- he shipped it. He took off shipping so it's like 270.00 now.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #881 of 3,003

No one that has had the EU model has said anything about an alarm. I suspect it still might be capped. Anyways Japanese model is cheaper (for US) and I'm positive it has no cap.

I wouldn't want to spend anymore than I did, 87 more dollars and you're in r5 and dx160 range and 50 more and you've got m11. As fish says you can get R3 pro or m2x for 100 dollars less.

However I like the design and UI of Sony stuff and I have a bit of a nostalgia thing too.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #882 of 3,003
Hi all

Recently received mine and just been getting the music copied over and the device charged back up but just wondering if anyone has recommendations around the DSEE, ClearAudio+, EQ etc and whether these should be tweaked from being off out of the box?

Thanks

Nov 17, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #883 of 3,003
Hi all

Recently received mine and just been getting the music copied over and the device charged back up but just wondering if anyone has recommendations around the DSEE, ClearAudio+, EQ etc and whether these should be tweaked from being off out of the box?

Thanks

I usually use direct or just eq.

Nov 17, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #885 of 3,003
Also a trick from the r6 days is to allow google access to your locations. This stops it spinning endlessly in the background draining battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back