The Skullcandy Appreciation Thread
Sep 22, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #16 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW: I don't think that one need fear a sheep in wolf's clothing. The other way around though...
tongue.gif

...maybe, but you have no idea what he's capable of!

sheepwolf.bmp

Sep 22, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #17 of 50
Wasting people's time manufacturing worthless junk for a living... check
Wasting energy transporting almost worthless junk to many store... check
Wasting children's minds by making them think that head massage is music... check
Wasting the environment when junk breaks the next day... check

Then go back to step one and you have what I believe Buddha meant when he said life and death is an endless cycle of suffering.

They are cheap though
tongue.gif
, got to hand them that.

Sep 22, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #18 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wasting children's minds by making them think that head massage is music... check

Then go back to step one and you have what I believe Buddha meant when he said life and death is an endless cycle of suffering.

LOL!

Absolutely perfect!

Sep 22, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #19 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They are cheap though
tongue.gif
, got to hand them that.

But they're employing people right? that's a good thing.
confused_face(1).gif
last thing we need is a larger unemployed population.

Sep 22, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #20 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...maybe, but you have no idea what he's capable of!

sheepwolf.bmp

Ha ha ha! I nearly choked on my sandwich and knocked over the rest of my lunch there! That is hilarious. For some reason, now I feel so... intimidating and dangerous! I can now see why it is possible that people are wary of my subterfuge.
wink.gif

Sep 22, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #21 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by nhancakes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But they're employing people right? that's a good thing.
confused_face(1).gif
last thing we need is a larger unemployed population.

There is a surplus of cheap junk and a shortage of essentials like food and shelter. Yet we're still being told to keep manufacturing cheap junk to make money to purchase food and shelter. It'd make a lot more sense if we were told to grow food and make homes if we needed them, but it's hard to make people work like bees if they already had all they needed to survive.

Sep 23, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #22 of 50
I'm a teacher and was getting somewhat impatient with one of my grade 12 students who constantly broadcast his Skullcandy bling in class, thinking he was the gift. Well, today, I brought in my iMod connected to my Total Bithead and my ESW10JPNs - - - did that ever shut him up - if I could only capture the look on his face.

Sep 23, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #27 of 50
Some of their designs are actually pretty nice. If I ever see one for $5 And not IEM I wouldn't mind trying them.

Sep 23, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #28 of 50
To me, I think the Skullcandies appeal more to the fashion conscious consumer more than someone wanting good sound. The headphones themselves are like a fashion accessory for your head (ex. a hat, scarves, sunglasses, and now headphones in the iPod age) with the bonus of being able to play music through them.

Sep 23, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #29 of 50
I wouldn't diss skullcandy, I respect them as a money-making business. It's probably richer than any other big headphone manufacturer except Sony and if they ever get the whim they could make excellent headphones. I'll quit headphones if that ever happens though
tongue.gif
I shudder at the thought of skullcandy being discussed seriously on head-fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back