"The Single Best 1980s Song" Thread
Dec 18, 2011 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

Headphoneus Supremus
I was playing Rock Band 3 last night, and it struck me that I used to thoroughly hate 80s music, but have come to love it. (That was in middle and high school, I am 26-almost-27 as of today)

However, I am still very new to hearing all it has to offer, including many classics that many would be shocked to learn that I haven't ever heard.

I would like to hear from everyone, what you think could be called the single best awesomest funnest most influential catchy meaningful song from the 1980s!  [ As we all know, picking ONE song from literally thousands is kind of insane, but, that's what makes it a fun and interesting activity (I think anyway). ]

THE RULE

Posts such as "x2" or "+1" are allowed, HOWEVER, you must also include your own choice of "Best 80s Song" in that post as well.

For example, "+1 to Sduibek's choice, and mine is Song Awesome from Band Awesome"

Have fun!!
smily_headphones1.gif

cool.gif

beerchug.gif

popcorn.gif

Dec 18, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #2 of 42
I nominate We Are The World by Michael Jackson / Lionel Richie. I mean come on, listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9BNoNFKCBI and tell me it doesn't move you.

Dec 18, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #3 of 42
Heh. Interesting thread.

I'll toss in Powerslave by Iron Maiden. It's a really awesome song, plus it's kinda got the "I'm above the system!" attitude to it.

Dec 18, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #4 of 42
Van Halen - Hot For Teacher

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #14 of 42
Michael Jackson - Thriller

Probably the biggest song of the decade, by the biggest artist of the decade, from the greatest selling album of all time, it also re-defined what people thought of music videos. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back