The silicone tips for the ER-4P
Oct 16, 2005 at 6:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Leto Atreides II

500+ Head-Fier
I just realized something: you don't need to put them that far back in your ears. I was wondering why it felt like I was under ten feet of water when I was putting them in, I realized they were in way too deep. They don't have to go nearly as far back as the foamies. Before they had almost no bass, but now they're just as good as the foam tips, imo. Too bad I just ordered a shipment of foam tips from headroom, and no silicones.

Oct 16, 2005 at 6:57 AM Post #2 of 3
I think it depends on your ears. I have to put them in very deep, but I can relieve that feeling by momentarily breaking the seal by pulling on my earlobe.

You may want to consider Comply tips, too, unless you're happy this way. I find the longer ones that came with my UM2's give me pretty much the same sound as the tri-flanges but are more comfortable, though I didn't find the tri-flanges UNcomfortable...

Oct 16, 2005 at 7:25 AM Post #3 of 3
They feel great now, almost like earbuds. I think they have slightly less isolation than the foam tips, which in my case is actually a good thing. Plus, I think they sound better. I actually thing the bass goes slightly deeper with these tips, and there's less noise from walking and stuff. This puts to rest any anxiety about earwax I previously had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back