The Signal is coming in loud and clear!
Aug 16, 2003 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kartik

Headphoneus Supremus
Just got my Signal Cable Analog twos. If anyone ever buys the phillyaudio headphone amp, these are a great match with them. They're not broken in yet, but they seem to be very fast and impart a great presence to the sound. Very vivid.

Aug 16, 2003 at 1:11 AM Post #2 of 5
Do you consider the analog 2's a forward sounding cable (vivid) ? Also how is the bass weight ? Do yours have the bullet plugs ? I have had great results with signalcables power cords and I have been eyeing these interconnects for a couple months. I would appreciate futher comments as they break in.

Aug 16, 2003 at 3:08 AM Post #3 of 5
No, not rich enough for bullet plugs.
Yes, early days but forward sounding, bright even.
Bas is not terribly well defined but midrange is astounding. Bass at times loose but over all seems punchy. Vocals out of this world. Great presence.
But as I said before it is early days yet. I am planning to upgrade my source to an SACD (hopefully the Sharp DX-SX1). I think that will be the true test of these cables.
Now that you mention it, maybe I should consider their power cable for my headphone amp.

Aug 16, 2003 at 6:47 PM Post #4 of 5
I recently got a pair of Analog Twos, and to be perfectly honest, I'm having a very tough time telling it apart from my Outlaw PCAs. I actually set it up so I can quickly switch between the two - I'm using the analog outputs and the front channel sacd outputs of my cdp (they're identical on regular stereo play) and both inputs on the Gilmore, and then switching the input switch. I think I can discern a slight improvement in soundstage cohesiveness with the Analog Twos, but overall the improvement is very slight, if there at all.

Aug 16, 2003 at 8:42 PM Post #5 of 5
Congratulations on making the 500+ mark.
In any case, my upgrade was from Monster interlink 300 to the Signal two. Far more significant than your change from Outlaw to Signal. That might explain it. Plus, our hardware differs significantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back