The Shure SE530's really need a EQ.
May 25, 2009 at 8:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

VoLTaG3

Banned
I guess I pretty much learned what treble is. All the triple flanges did was give me a full and clear sound in each ear which seemed to open up the treble. Really it didn't. The foam tips just weren't for my ear canals. I have my SE530's hooked up to my laptop right now. I have found the perfect EQ in foobar. The bass, midrange and treble all seems balanced now. I am hearing echos in voices that I've never heard before. I can listen at higher volumes now with no fatigue since all the frequencies are pretty balanced. Detail is just emerging out of songs like I bought a higher end earphone. Going back to the Zune is a dark and dull sound with no sparkle. There is nothing wrong with the Zune. The Zune is a balanced audio player with crystal clear sound. So that means what you hear on the Zune is your earphones sound signature. The SE530's really need a quality EQ to shine. It's so muddy and dark without one. I can't wait to get some custom earphones with a naturally balanced frequency response so a EQ isn't needed. The Shure SE530's are too bass and mid oriented with a very bad treble that needs EQ.

Later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back