The "show us your ring" thread........
Oct 22, 2006 at 12:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

PinkFloyd

Headphoneus Supremus
I don't wear jewellery as a rule but have recently taken to wearing this guy on my Little Pinkie:

attachment.php

As far as I can gather he's over 100 years old, 18 carat gold and the stone is pure tourmaline. It's been in the family for many years (over a hundred) and I'm convinced it has magical powers..... for example a few months back I was thinking "£100 for a cable? what a rip off!" just as I was thinking this there was a drop at the letterbox.... one of the envelopes contained a payout of £100 from the premium bonds.. coincidence, maybe.

Two weeks ago I was stressing out over an amp that wouldn't fire up, I put the ring on and (this is God's truth) it fired up no problems.... it just seems to give me powers, much the same way kryptonite helps Superman... there are plenty more examples I could cite but, no need, you wouldn't believe me... let's just say this ring will be spending more time on my finger than off from now on.

Do you have a favourite ring? If so please show us your ring and the story behind it.

Oct 22, 2006 at 12:38 AM Post #2 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
... it just seems to give me powers, much the same way kryptonite helps Superman...

Shouldn't you be on the ground screaming in agony then?
blink.gif

Oct 22, 2006 at 12:42 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi
Shouldn't you be on the ground screaming in agony then?
blink.gif

Whoops, I thought kryptonite gave him powers the same way as spinach powered Popeye..... oops, proves I don't watch too much TV
tongue.gif

Oct 22, 2006 at 12:42 AM Post #4 of 12
Oct 22, 2006 at 1:01 AM Post #5 of 12
I don't have a picture of it, but it's a promise ring my girlfriend gave me. I wear it everyday and everywhere except when I shower for fear of losing it down the drain. I feel naked not wearing it.

Oct 22, 2006 at 1:32 AM Post #7 of 12
i wore an iron ring after taking a roman class in college b/c that was what they wore and i thought their code of honor was cool and all that....but then i realized that rings make my fingers feel bounded...so i dont even wear my wedding band now...

ps dont mean to thread crap..would post a pic of my ring if i could ever figure out the damn photofi.

Jul 6, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #9 of 12
Just found this old thread and I thought I'd put in my two cents:

Engagement/wedding ring:
The one with the stone belongs to missus, the one without a stone is mine.
Width approx. 4mm (Imperialists/Americans, use a converter).
18 carat white gold.

Left index finger: A simple smooth round surfaced dual-tone white gold/gold ring.
Mostly white gold but the inside of the ring is regular gold. 14 carats, width ~3mm, could not find a picture.

Right middle finger: Thor's Hammer -ring from Kalevala Jewelry. Silver. Could not get it off my finger to check the carat stamp :)

Jul 6, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #10 of 12
Not much of a story here.
This is my undergraduate graduation ring:
18k solid gold, ruby stone.

Jul 6, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #11 of 12

Quote:
(Imperialists/Americans, use a converter).  

What if I'm American and know what 4mm is.....................
^_^

The time of Americans not knowing the metric system is quickly coming to an end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back