The Shins - Chutes too Narrow
Oct 21, 2003 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

hop ham

100+ Head-Fier
just picked up: The Shins - Chutes too narrow and i just wanted to know if anybody else picked this up and what they thought about it...only lasting a little over 30 minutes, i easily played it 4 times and i'm slowly getting addicted.

i am one of those people that missed their first debut "Oh, Inverted World" so what do people think about that one...i know it is praised and am thinking about picking it up...but for now i will enjoy this new release.
biggrin.gif

Oct 22, 2003 at 1:16 AM Post #3 of 6
i saw them open for modest mouse about two years ago with the fruit bats at irving plaza and really enjoyed their set. sadly, i have yet to pick up any album by them but i have been meaning to.

the best part was during the encore, when the lead singer came out piss-drunk wearing a blonde wig and stripped while singing some cheesey 80's song a cappella. it was their last night playing with modest mouse's tour, so the guy wanted to thank them. it was quite amusing.
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2003 at 5:05 AM Post #4 of 6
On the tenth listen. This is probably my favorite indie album in at least a year. Less surprising than Oh, Inverted World, it's more diverse and more satisfying. It's really nice.

Check out this Pitchfork review.

B00009LVXT.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Nov 4, 2003 at 5:10 AM Post #5 of 6
i have to admit that even the country-folky type song near the end of the albulm is turning into an early underdog favorites...but it may take you like 50 or so listens to get to that point...

blessingx...glad to hear you are enjoying the same quality music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back