The Sennheiser Orpheus 2? A First Look At The Sennheiser HE-1 (The New Orpheus)
Jan 27, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #1,516 of 2,918

Very nice report. But.... again I would have like to know more about the source that was used to feed the Orpheus ! At least to know it it was using it's internal DAC or if it was connected analog to an UBER external DAC.

From the picture, and this may not be correct, but it looks like it's connected to a CD player and an Apple laptop.

Jan 28, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #1,518 of 2,918
  The player on the bottom shelf looks like a Marantz.

OK, but...is the CD Player connected through analog or through Digital ? :wink:

Jan 28, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #1,519 of 2,918

OK, but...is the CD Player connected through analog or through Digital ? :wink:

Laptop, digital in, CD player, analog in, I believe.

Jan 29, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #1,520 of 2,918
Or, perhaps, they're so stunned by the visual aura of it's presence, that they forgot to listen to it...........    
L3000.gif

Jan 29, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #1,522 of 2,918
Jan 29, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #1,523 of 2,918
  Or, perhaps, they're so stunned by the visual aura of it's presence, that they forgot to listen to it...........    
L3000.gif

I was thinking it might be fun to have a rubber mallet and play "Wack-A-Mole" with the tubes and controls as they pop up or out.  
beyersmile.png

Jan 29, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #1,524 of 2,918
Off-topic:
brain-fun is going around of anything including Orpheus II,if there is possibilities, then there is talk, like here:
'Sorry, no good for me. Marble contains argon, some of which is radioactive (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0265931X00000771). The occasional pops from 226-argon decay would render the experience unacceptable. Maybe you could order it with ivory or jade instead?'

Jan 29, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #1,525 of 2,918
  With the best description of the internal DAC setup s

without any personal listening impression about the DAC.... All the review looks more like transcript from marketing materials...

Jan 29, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #1,526 of 2,918

without any personal listening impression about the DAC.... All the review looks more like transcript from marketing materials...

Well, again, as you stated, we don't know if they were listening with the internal DAC or a billion dollar external.  That said, the listening impressions could be inclusive of the internal DAC.....or not.  I do have to give you credit for your tenacity in your skepticism!  Hopefully we will soon get a reviewer who will specify the physical setup that is being auditioned and put it all to bed.  I'm not personally interested in investing in this system,  it's strictly a curiosity to me,  but I'm guessing it sounds pretty spectacular, even using its own internal DAC. 

Jan 29, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #1,528 of 2,918
  Well in the picture above, the USB from the laptop has to go to a digital input right?  Pretty sure there wouldn't be an analogue signal running through usb.

I downloaded that picture. When zoomed in, you can see it's a Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 USB cable connected to the laptop. And in multiple pictures of the Orpheus rear panel, the same Wireworld Platinum USB cable is connected. I would surmise the fellow at the laptop is working for Sennheiser and perhaps making a music selection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back