The Sennheiser Momentum or V-MODA Crossfade M-100?
Jun 26, 2013 at 9:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Katato

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I created an account for this website just to ask the above question. I'm in the market for over the ear headphones in the $200- $350 price range. I mostly listen to rap, hip-hop, and psychedelic rock. Also, most of the songs I listen to in general are very lyrical and have a lot of vocals. Some of my favorite artists are Eminem, Tupac, Kid Cudi, and Pink Floyd if that makes any difference. I'm also a rapper myself and I want quality headphones to plug in to my microphone. I've been leaning towards the Sennheiser Momentums because I've read so many positive things. On the other hand, I've read that for people who like rap and hip-hop the V-MODA would suffice better. $300 to $350 is a lot of money and I want to make the right choice. 

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #2 of 2
The M100's will do a better job at rap, hip-hop, and electronic music. But the Momentums will be better for vocal heavy songs, rock, classical, jazz, and metal. The M100's are more of a fun, head-banging, head rattling bass headphone while the Momentums are more detailed with a nicer midrange so better vocals and overall warmer sound signature. I suggest trying them both out at a store and going with the one you like more. (UNINTENTIONAL RHYME) lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back