The Secret: The law of attraction? No Air
Mar 9, 2007 at 3:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

j24

100+ Head-Fier
If you believe the current best seller and want to remain positive, then go with Air. On a bad day, plug your headphone and listened to the latest from Air "Pocket Symphony". It ,for sure ,will get you relax and in upswing mood.
icon10.gif
What do you guys think of their latest CD?

Mar 9, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #3 of 5
Just ordered it from Amazon.com yesterday, since Best Buy didn't have a decent new album price for it (they wanted $14.99). I listened to the album beforehand via Air's MySpace page, and I can tell I'm going to dig it. The real kicker for me is that they're working with Nigel Godrich, who is pretty much my mixing/producing idol.

If you like Pocket Symphony, check out Charlotte Gainsbourg's album 5:55 (samples on MySpace). Air wrote the music and Godrich produced/mixed. It'll be released in the U.S. on April 24 of this year.

Mar 9, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #4 of 5
I was listening to the copy my college radio station had, and boy is it an interesting album. I think it's a bit of a reversal from their Talkie Walkie period of memorable songs back to the Moon Safari style of a really chill album. Similarities do abound - both Moon Safari and Pocket Symphony have a really catchy starting track (La Femme d'Argent jumpstarted me into the world of electronic music), and in both cases the album goes into this mellow mode wherein, unless you're really listening, the tracks blur into one. In fact, as albums go, Pocket Symphony is even more in this vein than Moon Safari.

Oh, and track 3 has some excellent vocals.

Mar 9, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by configure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was listening to the copy my college radio station had, and boy is it an interesting album. I think it's a bit of a reversal from their Talkie Walkie period of memorable songs back to the Moon Safari style of a really chill album. Similarities do abound - both Moon Safari and Pocket Symphony have a really catchy starting track (La Femme d'Argent jumpstarted me into the world of electronic music), and in both cases the album goes into this mellow mode wherein, unless you're really listening, the tracks blur into one. In fact, as albums go, Pocket Symphony is even more in this vein than Moon Safari.

Oh, and track 3 has some excellent vocals.

Agree with you, it's been a while since I listened to Moon Safari. I just popped it again in my CD player. Can find hints of this first album in their latest. Though I just started listening to Pocket Symphony. I was reading a review of the album in Under The Radar yesterday, when I went ahead and grapped it today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back