The SE846 Balanced Cable thread - Options, recommendations and impressions
Mar 1, 2015 at 9:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

IceClass

Headphoneus Supremus
I am looking for recommendations and impressions of available balanced cables that work well with the Shure SE846 IEMs and figured I'd start a specific thread.

What's out there? What do you use? Thoughts? Impressions? Recommendations?
Put them here.

Aug 1, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #2 of 7
I was thrilled to find this thread... and then very disappointed, lol.

Apparently nobody uses balanced cables with their Shure se846...

Aug 6, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #3 of 7
Here is what I posted on the Shure SE846 Impressions thread:

I have a set of copper wire Exo cables from plusSound for my Shure SE846 that I really like that cost me about $150.  I got them with Pono balanced terminals.  The cables are attractive, very well made, and the Shure connectors fit tightly.  Many options to customize the cables to your liking.  See http://www.plussoundaudio.com/customcables/inearmonitor.html  Cheers!
http://www.head-fi.org/t/675219/shure-se846-impressions-thread/12240#post_11802006

Aug 8, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #4 of 7
I have silver litz balanced cable for my SE846 to my CL Duet built by Ted at Headphone lounge top quality and great guy to deal with .I like the sound much better compared to stock single ended cable .

Aug 12, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #5 of 7
I have a Ted Copper Litz MMCX to RSA - a Ted Silver Litz MMCX to RSA - my favorite is a Toxic Virus hybrid silver/copper Litz MMCX to RSA - I have found the 846 takes to a balanced signal like Paris Hilton to a cocktail.... intoxicating....

My UMPRO50 likes the above as well.....

I have listened through my ALO RxMK-3+, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, ALO International+,ALO The Island and RSA Intruder.... all a whole hell of a lot of fun....

Apr 1, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #7 of 7
Rather late then never. I bought the Fidue A83 MMCX balanced cable at Penon Audio a time ago, it's still available for $53. The sound is clear and open, bass wonderfull, for this price a real treat! Connect it with the Ibasso DX200 and you're in heaven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back