The SDS-XLR is here!
Feb 8, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #46 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by blubliss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do like the SDS case a lot. I could never have imagined how large it was though. I am not an aesthetics junkie, so i would probably opt for something smaller if i had the choice.

I will be tube-rolling sometime soon, 2c51, vt-231, etc. With my R10 version (1st driver), classical is the best. Maybe tubes will help to mellow out the rock presentation on them a bit. I must say that i listened to some Grateful Dead (DP #36) on them (is that illegal on R10s) and i liked it much more than the L3000. I am going to get a Synergisitc cable for my 650s. These may work better for rock, jazz, etc.

Mikhail is putting another Synergisitc cable on an R10 with the 2nd driver version to see what that sounds like. I would be able to plug that into the Enigma (which is supposed to be shipped next week
redface.gif
).

Can you believe that I'm already in negotiation with him for an ES2 (already built) and he's looking for an HE90 for me. I want the best of both worlds
tongue.gif
. Crazy, I know.

Man you are hardcore!
eek.gif

Thanks for allowing us to live vicariously through your post and pics. We love big tube amps.
tongue.gif

Feb 8, 2008 at 6:44 AM Post #47 of 82
I don't even have to say (but I will) that I think the ES2/HE90 + right source (emm is good) is by far the best headphone sound possible. You may need to optimize the tube choice though.

Furthermore, for TOTAL perfection (that's currently possible), the APL NWO 3.0GO as a source brings almost ANY gear to another level. Read the Mayberry on Acid meet thread for more info and unsolicited testimonials =)

Neil

Feb 8, 2008 at 7:09 AM Post #49 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man you are hardcore!
eek.gif

Thanks for allowing us to live vicariously through your post and pics. We love big tube amps.
tongue.gif

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the
most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..." PF DSOM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't even have to say (but I will) that I think the ES2/HE90 + right source (emm is good) is by far the best headphone sound possible. You may need to optimize the tube choice though.

Furthermore, for TOTAL perfection (that's currently possible), the APL NWO 3.0GO as a source brings almost ANY gear to another level. Read the Mayberry on Acid meet thread for more info and unsolicited testimonials =)

Neil

Can you buy me an NWO, please Neil?
biggrin.gif
Actually I was thinking of waiting for Alex's NWO DAC and use it with one of his modded Transporters. This would be ideal to me. You'll have to hear my EMM with the Rubidium clock to see if it comes close to the NWO. It does make quite a positive difference to my ears compared to the internal EMM clock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
next national meet at blubliss' place.

I live in a 10'x12' room, but you're welcome. I'm not kidding.

Feb 8, 2008 at 8:44 AM Post #50 of 82
I guess 10X12 is too large to have bars. . . right? :^)

Feb 8, 2008 at 9:18 AM Post #51 of 82
Holy Cow-Wow-Wow. The proverbial "State of the Audio Art". Just an observation. But we both live in Earthquake Country. You might want to have a two shelf Rack for Amp and Power Supply. One good jolt, might topple. Just a thought.

Feb 8, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #52 of 82
Andy,

When you have the ES-2+HE-90 and R10+SDS-XLR, I might just need to pay you a visit. I hope I can own the SDS-XLR one day myself. In fact, Tom Hankins offered me his stock SDS-XLR to me for around 5.5k 3 years ago before he sold it back to Mikhail.....I wish I had money then to buy it.

Purk

Purk

Feb 8, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #53 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Andy,

When you have the ES-2+HE-90 and R10+SDS-XLR, I might just need to pay you a visit. I hope I can own the SDS-XLR one day myself. In fact, Tom Hankins offered me his stock SDS-XLR to me for around 5.5k 3 years ago before he sold it back to Mikhail.....I wish I have money then to buy it.

Purk

Purk

I told you that you would be sorry. BTW, Hirsch bought the amp, not MIkhail.

Feb 8, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #54 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I told you that you would be sorry. BTW, Hirsch bought the amp, not MIkhail.

Don't worry Tom. My time will come. When you get tired of your Meastro XLR with Enigma PSU....it will be mine.
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #55 of 82
Quote:

Don't worry Tom. My time will come. When you get tired of your Meastro XLR with Enigma PSU....it will be mine.
biggrin.gif

I dont think I will be able to afford to buy anything better for a preamp in my system. If it was going to be used for a headphone amp....you might have had a chance.
wink.gif

Mar 6, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #56 of 82
Quote:

When you have the ES-2+HE-90 and R10+SDS-XLR, I might just need to pay you a visit.

Purk

Well, it's time to come. The big brother has arrived.
Two words. A-Mazing. The sound is unreal.

img1909of3.jpg

img1910gl5.jpg

Mar 6, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #60 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
holy cow.
eek.gif

that thing is insane. 2 stax jacks, 2 HE90 jacks, and 1 HE60. what do all the knobs and buttons do.

Yeah, i guess i need another pair of HE90s
eek.gif
, not.

You press the sets of buttons and turn the knobs to adjust the bias.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back