The SDS-XLR is here!
Mar 6, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #76 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG!!!
eek.gif

is that even possible. one amp that does both stats and dynamics.

Mikhail has already built a couple of them. I think it is either two amps in one box or they may share some of each others PSU or something.

Mar 6, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #77 of 82
Mar 6, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #79 of 82
Mar 6, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #80 of 82
Even more pics of the Singlepower Concerto ES from the SF Bay Area/Marin meet in October '06 below. There were lots more pics of this amp posted in the Meet Impressions thread but almost all of them are now gone because of the Photo Gallery vaporization:

larkspur_67.jpg

larkspur_68.jpg

larkspur_71.jpg

Mar 7, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #81 of 82
There are four sets of two buttons, two knobs and two screws. Each set of buttons corresponds to a knob or screw and you adjust the left side and right side separately, going between the two sets of buttons, until all is zeroed, or very close. You push two buttons at a time and turn the knob or screw. Sounds complicated but it is pretty easy once it is warmed up.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the info. I saw only one set of buttons in the photo, and was perplexed. Four sets make perfect sense. My es1, which is still going through a long, long birthing process, will have the same built-in biasing meter.

Again, I'm drooling over your rig. Enjoy.

Mar 10, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #82 of 82
Congratulations Andy! I told you the HE90/ES-2 combo was to die for =)

I'm glad Mikhail got it to you relatively quickly. It seems like part of this was likely due to the fact the case design was largely already completed.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back