The Schiit Valhalla 2 & Modi 3 for Sennheiser HD8XX
Dec 31, 2021 at 2:03 AM Post #16 of 20
Jan 1, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #18 of 20
I'm probably going to go with the ifI Zen DAC Signature V2. Which one is better? The Topping E30 or the Zen?
In terms of connection, the E30 offers more: it has coaxial (RCA), optical, and USB digital ‘ins’. The Zen has only USB digital ‘in’. I have not been keen on USB connections for audio purposes - even with upgrade USB cable. [Can others chime in with their USB experience?].

Jan 1, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #19 of 20
In terms of connection, the E30 offers more: it has coaxial (RCA), optical, and USB digital ‘ins’. The Zen has only USB digital ‘in’. I have not been keen on USB connections for audio purposes - even with upgrade USB cable. [Can others chime in with their USB experience?].
I’m a USB user though. I use my MacBook Pro 2021 as my source. How is the chip in the Zen?

Jan 1, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #20 of 20
I’m a USB user though. I use my MacBook Pro 2021 as my source. How is the chip in the Zen?
Being a USB user, between the Topping E30 and the Zen DAC Signature V2 you should go with the Zen. It has less extraneous circuitry and uses a Burr-Brown chip ☑️ for digital-to-analogue conversion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back