The Schiit SACD/DSD Research Thread--Your Chance to Win a Bifrost!
Dec 9, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #333 of 333
jason- just came across this thread- i realize it is dec 8 and well past the drawing date but if my response can add to your survey here it is
#1- yes and yes
#2&3-yes alot maybe 5%of my total 600+cds mostly dylan,the stones,clapton sinatra etc anything i could get my hands on when the format first became available but that said i always felt dvd-a sounded better
#4 yes if available
#5 whatever idont know 200$ 300$ BUT- sacd is analogue in multichannel i play mine with yamaha universal changer to an outlaw icbm-1 to yamaha avr in multichannel        
      how can this be accomplished with a dac?it would have to be pretty big for 5.1 connections to my configuration above and what would be the purpose-the universal changer already has pretty good dacs built in??

i already ripped my equally large dvd-a collection using dvd audio extractor to flac on mediamonkey and that format reproduced its great multichannel sound almost as good as originals play through my universal changer in multichannel analogue with icbm-1 especially american beauty and workingmans dead and the last waltz three of the most beautiful reproductions i have ever heard-is this format also in your plans or is it impractible?

hope this helps
IF YOU DO READ THIS u can respond as you have to me about the gungnir via my email         bobbmd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back