The "safety" of IEMs.
Aug 2, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #16 of 18
OH GOD DO NOT DRIVE WITH ANY IEM.
Consider your safety over the ability to listen to nice headphones while driving. Use your car stereo instead, even if it sounds worse. And also, even though those bluetooth things look goofy to you, they are there for a reason: safety. There are bad drivers out there and it is our responsibility to learn to avoid them (not be them!).

Anyways, back to the topic, yes IEM's should be better for your hearing because you do not need to turn them up as much. It helps when you're in a noisy environment and you just want to listen to some music. Be extra alert when walking/cycling, though. Also, turn them on before putting them in (unless you want an unexpected blast of music if your volume is set high).

Aug 2, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #17 of 18
While I got a DAP 3 years ago, today was the first day I actually walked about with it (new canalphones cx95). You do have to look around you more but it still felt safe.

I took them out to go into a shop and it hits you how noisey the world is, no headphone is horrible, the real world sucks.

The SQ is crap but you can get play DAP through your car sound system - I use a £5 tape adaptor!

Australian malt drinker - I remember reading a comment years ago about how it was really expensive to buy scottish mineral water to add to their malt, then I realised the poster was from Austrailia LOL. There are some benifits to living in England
tongue.gif

Aug 3, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by ds_t /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While I got a DAP 3 years ago, today was the first day I actually walked about with it (new canalphones cx95). You do have to look around you more but it still felt safe.

I took them out to go into a shop and it hits you how noisey the world is, no headphone is horrible, the real world sucks.

The world is noisy. Even walking around without the music on is different. There really is a difference in earplugged vs. no headphones.

It's also different going between an open earbud/headphone and an in ear or closed phone. Amazing sound at lower levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back