The Rolling Stones - Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live - Blu-ray
Jan 19, 2014 at 12:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

StratocasterMan

Headphoneus Supremus

For anyone who hasn't seen it...

The Rolling Stones - Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live on Blu-ray is a disc worth getting!

The video quality and the sound quality are both excellent. The Rolling Stones return to Hyde Park in 2013.

Some folks have complained about the video edit, because the video is produced in a way where the camera keeps switching angles. That is true. However, I still think it's fantastic. If you have an HD TV, a Blu-ray player, a sound system, etc., check out this disc.

I'm amazed by how tight The Stones sound in 2013. Trust me, Keef and Ronnie do not miss a lick! They NAIL IT.

I've watched plenty of Stones videos, but this one takes the cake. These old bastards still rock!

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #2 of 3
Agreed.

I saw the Showtime broadcast of the concert back in December here in the US not expecting anything exceptional, but I was floored by it. Mick still has it, and they really were "tight" to use your word :wink:

Plus, it was so cool when Mick Taylor joined them on stage near the end.

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #3 of 3
Yeah, I guess I was kind of expecting a half-hearted performance. Instead, they actually seem fired up about the show. Even Charlie was just grinning! They seem like they were very much enjoying themselves and the video is so sharp that it's like being on the side of the stage with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back