The Rickcr42 appreciation thread......
Dec 7, 2006 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

PinkFloyd

Headphoneus Supremus
It was only when I looked at the "charts" and saw Rick still up there at number 3 that I decided to start this thread. Do a search guys, 80% (yes, 80%) of Rick's posts were actually informative posts helping people and, IMO, posts that helped quite a lot of the established members of the trade get started in their business.

I am sick of reading posts from a small minority of people who are always happy to chip in with their "I'm glad he's gone" remarks. It, quite frankly, sickens me to witness these comments from people who will never contribute a fraction of what Rick contributed to this place....... heck, the only reason I joined Head-Fi was as a means to communicate, and learn, from Rick.

This thread is purely for those of you who miss Rick's input to Head-Fi....

I miss his input here does anyone else?

Dec 7, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #2 of 60
He certianly seems to be ace on RockGrotto, although I must say that I dont recall his posting here. How long has been been gone for?

Dec 7, 2006 at 1:08 AM Post #3 of 60
I learned quite a bit from the guy, so count me in as someone who's still sad to see him gone.

Dec 7, 2006 at 1:09 AM Post #4 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He certianly seems to be ace on RockGrotto, although I must say that I dont recall his posting here. How long has been been gone for?

Gone for a few months as far as Head-Fi is concerned but never forgotten in my books. He's the meat on the bones here, always has been, if nothing else I'd just like to see some appreciation for Rick's time and effort here.

Dec 7, 2006 at 1:14 AM Post #6 of 60
head-fi is noticably less interesting without rick around.
frown.gif

Dec 7, 2006 at 1:15 AM Post #7 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I liked the 80% of Rick's posts that were informative. What happened to make him stop posting here?

Another thread another time another channel..................

This is the Rickcr42 appreciation thread.........

Go Rick!

Dec 7, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #8 of 60
The Rickmeistermonstermaster is surely missed.

Lini

Dec 7, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #12 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He certianly seems to be ace on RockGrotto, although I must say that I dont recall his posting here.

He was actually a mod here as well.

Rick and I were never exactly on the best terms, but I did enjoy fighting over who was "greater".
tongue.gif

Dec 7, 2006 at 1:40 AM Post #13 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well he did post on november 23, which isn't that long ago... Maybe hes taking a break

Very long where the Rickmeister is concerned.... "November 23rd?" Jesus that's last month...... consider me "dead" if I don't post on a 48 hourly basis (minimum)

Dec 7, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #14 of 60
I haven't been here long enough to know who "Rick" is. But if he's as cool as you say he is, then I can appreciate that.

Dec 7, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #15 of 60
Quote:

Rick and I were never exactly on the best terms, but I did enjoy fighting over who was "greater".

at which time after again realising there is only one "Rickmonster supremus Rex" ,still the undefeated,undisputed, heavyweight champeen of all things of any importance (DAMMIT !) would step for a bit,rest,catch his breath,reload and come at me again but from another angle thinking "gotta be a weak spot here somewhere and it is only a matter of time before I find it or the old bast*rd dies or beomes so feeble minded victory would be a gimme

Nope.Dream on oh master of little puppies

I will never grow old and I will never die but will swoop down like a dark angel when you least suspect and say

YO ! Whatsup man !

didja miss me honey ?

tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back