The Return of HOSTESS!!!!
Jul 21, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #31 of 40
I'm not a huge fan of Twinkies or Hostess, but I do plan on having a cupcake in the name of sweet baked goods freedom when the items are back in stock. Of course, it might be hard to find them at first cause I figure people will stock up like crazy. The cupcakes were a big deal when I was a kid, haven't had one in years though.

Jul 21, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #32 of 40
I'm gonna be on the hunt tomorrow!!! I rarely eat junk food, but I'll make a celebratory exception when I see a fav on the rack.

Jul 21, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #33 of 40
I have a Ding Dong! I repeat, I have a Ding Dong! And it's pretty awesome. :)

Jul 21, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #34 of 40
Arrgh!!! I may have to make a trip to the store before the night ends,...me want!!!

Jul 23, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #37 of 40
I have some distressing news. I bought a bag of the chocolate Hostess donut gems - and they were NOT the same as the old chocolate donuts. In fact, they seemed to be EXACTLY the same as the "Mrs. Freshly's" donuts that started being sold all over SoCal when Hostess went under. They do NOT have that thinner, slightly blacker chocolate shell that the old Hostess donuts had - they are the much less appealing brown, more waxy milk chocolate coating.

I was very disappointed! :mad:

Aug 8, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #38 of 40
Aug 8, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #39 of 40
Are they still wrapped in thin aluminum foil? That was the way they were in the 1970s.

Unfortunately, no - quite a while ago Hostess changed to a white plastic wrap that fits loosely over the Ho-Ho. I was OK with that change - the foil was annoying!

Aug 15, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #40 of 40
Somehow this thread didn't show up in my subscription feed when people started posting again three weeks ago. I have to wonder if my innuendo-laden post wasn't what killed it until BB revived it again, since it kind of hung there after that. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Anyway, my local Meijer seems to be having trouble keeping Hostess stuff in stock. A few weeks ago all they had were Donettes and cupcakes. A few days ago when I went they only had Donettes. The other shelves were completely bare. Judging by the tags they don't seem to have had any Ding-Dongs at any point (can't figure out why). Just Twinkies and Ho-Hos, in addition to the other things mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back