The resurection of old threads and vBulletin!
Nov 23, 2009 at 3:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Squirsier

500+ Head-Fier
There's another forum that I visit quite regularly, that I believe also use vBulletin (there's no mention of it anywhere that I could find but the layouts and options are similar) that has a neat feature : next to the original poster's name is the date of the original post.

I wonder if this version of vBulletin here can do that? Considering how many times I've been checking out threads dating back to the dinosaurs lately, that have been bumped, and I'm sure I'm not alone, that feature would come in very handy!

Nov 23, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #2 of 9
what you mean like the date right above your name or avatar that alot of people on the internet completely ignore when they get the urge to reply when a thread comes up in search results?

what evil magic is this?

Nov 23, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what you mean like the date right above your name or avatar that alot of people on the internet completely ignore when they get the urge to reply when a thread comes up in search results?

what evil magic is this?

Hehe, not quite!

On a threads list, you have the thread title, then underneath, the name of the person who created the first post. Now, on this other board that I go to, the date of the original first post is also shown next to the person's name who started the thread. Makes it easier to avoid clicking on old topics...

Nov 23, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you being an anti-old topic-ite ? heh

Absolutely not, but memory being one thing that has the tendency to forget, I don't want to read, again, 6 months down the road, that Michael Crichton has died and think this is recent news!
biggrin.gif

It just looks like this is the forum-only version of being rick rolled - being tricked into clicking on an ooooold thread that you think is new
wink.gif

Anyway, I'm only asking if this version of vBulletin here has the feature I saw somewhere else
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 23, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Michael Crichton died again?!
frown.gif

Yes, they cloned him using frog dna and then he got shot in the face.

Nov 24, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Michael Crichton died again?!
frown.gif

Yes, they cloned him using frog dna and then he got shot in the face.

LOLS galore guys!
happy_face1.gif

Yeah, I guess that would be me who resurrected the Crichton thread. I figured it would be better to resurrect it than start a new one, but I guess I probably should have edited the title as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back