The "rediscovery" thread.
Jun 30, 2009 at 6:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

CDBacklash

1000+ Head-Fier
Share with us CDs you loved as a child and have come back to.
I just found my Savage Garden CDs and still like it....
redface.gif

Jun 30, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #2 of 18
Nirvana - Nevermind

Are the 90s retro now?
wink.gif

Jun 30, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #4 of 18
After being disinterested (and at times overtly hostile) to the Grateful Dead, they are now in my regular rotation. Although, unlike my earlier Deadhead days, I am more selective - no more hissy bootlegs for this kid.

Jun 30, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nirvana - Nevermind

Are the 90s retro now?
wink.gif

I apologize for the misunderstanding
wink.gif

Jun 30, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by CDBacklash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh cool, I didn't know that making fun of people because of their age was the new thing.
I listen to stuff outside of the 90s, but I grew up in the 90s (being born in the 80s). I dont particularly see a problem with that, thanks.
Not to mention that the album "Nevermind" signalled a downward spiral for all things on the radio.

I wasn't trying to be snarky, I'm a kid of the 80s and 90s too.
smile_phones.gif

Besides, to many Nirvana was the 90s.

Jun 30, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #7 of 18
I don't believe moogoob was trying to be offensive. He was agreeing with the fact that the 90s are "retro." He named an album that was released in the 90s as well. I will now name several more, as I was born in 81 and got "into" music in the 90s. Before that my music consisted of my fathers music, which I also still listen to.

Pearl Jam - Vs. I was just jamming to this the other day after finding it inside of a generic blank cd case (the real CD was there... not sure where the actual case is
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Offspring - Smash Very entertaining for some reason...

Jun 30, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wasn't trying to be snarky, I'm a kid of the 80s and 90s too.
smile_phones.gif

Besides, to many Nirvana was the 90s.

Oh, thats alright then. I agree that Nirvana were very popular, but I cant help but notice how unlistenable radio has become since them (partly due to their influence on mainstream music).
I went back to nirvana recently and still enjoy it. What came after was more of a disappointment than nirvana themselves.
I also went back to "The Downward Spiral" about 6 months ago. Fantastic, even today.

Jun 30, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by CDBacklash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, thats alright then. I agree that Nirvana were very popular, but I cant help but notice how unlistenable radio has become since them (partly due to their influence on mainstream music).
I went back to nirvana recently and still enjoy it. What came after was more of a disappointment than nirvana themselves.
I also went back to "The Downward Spiral" about 6 months ago. Fantastic, even today.

Glad we're all back in the agreement boat.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'll see your Nine Inch Nails and raise you some Stone Temple Pilots.
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #10 of 18
Great thread topic!!!

I just came across Public Enemy ~ Yo! Bum Rush The Show again stashed at my folks place.... What an amazing album.

Jul 1, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by _j_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great thread topic!!!

I just came across Public Enemy ~ Yo! Bum Rush The Show again stashed at my folks place.... What an amazing album.

Yes it is, my older brother has all there albums and he use to play them to me when I was around 8 or 9.

Jul 1, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #12 of 18
Physical Graffiti. Loved it as a kid when it came out and played it constantly for a couple of years. Then didn't play it again for around 25 years for some reason. Holds up better than any other album from my youth.

Jul 1, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #13 of 18
Rachmaninov's 'Piano Concert No3' and Dire Straits - 'Love over Gold' are albums that never really left. And with recent happenings, I've pulled Michael Jackson - 'HIStory' out again.

others that have been away for a while but have gotten back in rotation:
Nirvana - Nevermind
Prodigy - Music for the Jilted Generation
Muse - Showbiz

Jul 1, 2009 at 10:14 AM Post #15 of 18
Geezer alert: I'm old enough to have loved LPs as a child rather than CDs. Not long ago, a friend gave me a used vinyl copy of Elvis Costello's My Aim Is True and I've been playing the hell out of it. Come to think of it, I had the original on cassette.
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back