The Random Headphone Musings Thread
Mar 3, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #16 of 20
How do you feel the CD900ST compares to the DT 1770? I‘ve never had the chance to hear the CD900ST. I quite liked the DT 1770 when I owned it, but later tried the DT 1990 and Amiron Home. The Amiron being my favorite of the Tesla 2.0 Beyers. They are definitely very fast drivers.

The CD900ST is a completely different sound. It's more of a mid-centric, hyper-detailed sound. I've yet to find a headphone with more detail. It's interesting because the treble is set back a fair amount, so it's not fatiguing at all. They're sort of similar to the LCD-2 in that regard, but set back even more, yet have even more detail. Bass extension is somewhat poor on the CD900ST, but it has pretty good impact. The whole bass range is really similar to the V6, actually. Soundstage is very small, but imaging is really impressive, it makes for a very intimate sound that works well with folk and smaller rock groups. It's why they were my absolute favorite headphones for a long time, but as I moved away from those genres they sorta fell in my ranking.

Mar 4, 2019 at 1:24 AM Post #17 of 20
Here's something random. I just took out my HD600 for the first time in awhile. Does it have a great stage? The best bass detail or extension? Treble? Mids? No to everything. But still, when you add the whole thing up, it's just really fun to listen to. It has a quality that is hard to quantify or put into words. How timeless. What a classic!

Mar 7, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #18 of 20
Send help.
untitled3cjqt.png

Regardless of if I like them or not, I'm going to start selling off headphones...

Mar 7, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #19 of 20
I just purchased a Thinksound On2 from Amazon. I've never tried an on-ear headphone and this little guy gets raving reviews.
Anyone try them?

Mar 21, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #20 of 20
Dusting off my K612s and giving them a listen, and the mids aren't really bothering me like they sometimes do. I'm like 90% sure at this point that it's something to do with my ears. Something about the way they set on my ears, or... I dunno. Even treble which sometimes bothers me isn't. On Bob Dylan's All Along The Watchtower the harmonica sections can be absolutely killer on treble-heavy headphones, but I'm not getting an ounce of fatigue. Which is somewhat odd, considering I get a bit fatigued there with the LCD-2C, which are down in level across the whole treble region.

At any rate, I'm enjoying these at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back