The Radiators - Let me hear from the Fish Heads
Jul 6, 2008 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Luckyleo

Headphoneus Supremus
Saw the Radiatiors in Ft. Lauderdale July 4 and July 5. Wow! Some great shows indeed. These guys have been together since '78 and they rock, they funk, they jam, they blow the roof off the joint. From the look of things they have a small hard core group of very dedicated fans, but most people have never heard of them. How about you? Have you heard of them? Have you seen them? Where/When? What do you think? Let me know. Interested to know if they have "cracked" the head-fi crowd

Jul 7, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #2 of 5
No one? What a shame......

Jul 7, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #3 of 5
I remember seeing them mentioned in the SF chronicle pink section a few years ago in the context of "support this New Orleans band" post-Katrina.

Then I keep seeing them on venue calendars. They really tour quite heavily. never got around to seeing them though.

Your post is enough I think to make me get out there next time I see they are scheduled to perform near me, thank you.

Jul 7, 2008 at 8:21 AM Post #4 of 5
i saw them play a really long set at Hight Sierra Music Festival in 99 or something, back when that festival was not so crazy and big, right before they switched locations. anyways, it was awsome. I was totally hazed from partying all morning and they laid out this nice bouncy groove that me and my friend danced to in the sun, throwing a stuffed earth ball back and forth through the crowd for what seemed like hours. it was really a perfect moment. I got an album of theirs that was just way too happy to listen to most of the time. but live, in that setting, they rocked. thanks for reminding me, i'll watch for them to come around SF

Jul 7, 2008 at 5:44 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i saw them play a really long set at High Sierra Music Festival in 99 or something, back when that festival was not so crazy and big, right before they switched locations.

I was there as well. Those were the days...
rolleyes.gif

I agree with the Radiators being a band best to be seen live. I've seen them play four or five times, almost always outdoors, and I think that is how they are best appreciated. I remember seeing them play a free show in downtown Portland many years ago just by chance. We were passing through on our way to see the Dead play in Eugene I think. It was a great show. It always cracked me up how there was a big fan blowing directly up at the bass player's head so his long hair was always "flowing in the breeze."
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back