The Qudelix-5K thread
Feb 13, 2024 at 8:56 AM Post #4,516 of 4,753
Anyone had their right channel @ the 2.5 mm balanced output stop playing sound?

Mine suddenly stopped. If I press the connector halfway in I get a signal in one channel, and if I press it all the way it swaps to the other channel. I reckon this means that the lowest connector inside the balanced port is broken, and that I get a signal when the connector is halfway in because it connects to the "wrong" channel...

Anyone with similar experience? :)
This happened to me on the 3.5mm output. Turning the cable ever so slightly would sometimes fix it, so I realized it was the connector and replaced the cable. Haven't had the issue since.

Feb 13, 2024 at 7:44 PM Post #4,517 of 4,753
I have my 5K set to turn off after 5 minutes of inactivity on Bluetooth, but I've noticed I can't turn it back on unless I plug it into something via USB. I can hear the click when it powers off but then can't turn it back on with by long-pressing blue up, or long-pressing blue up + red up for 5 seconds. What am I doing wrong?

Feb 13, 2024 at 8:52 PM Post #4,518 of 4,753
I have my 5K set to turn off after 5 minutes of inactivity on Bluetooth, but I've noticed I can't turn it back on unless I plug it into something via USB. I can hear the click when it powers off but then can't turn it back on with by long-pressing blue up, or long-pressing blue up + red up for 5 seconds. What am I doing wrong?
I short press the two buttons and it turns on no problem.

Feb 15, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #4,520 of 4,753
Has anyone had much luck using the 5K to drive full-sized headphones in a home/work setting? I need to figure out a few things though.

First, has anyone figured out a good mounting system that won't damage headbands?
Second, is there a good source for short (6-12") cables, preferrably ones with right-angle plugs to lower the headphone profile?

Feb 15, 2024 at 11:18 PM Post #4,521 of 4,753
Has anyone had much luck using the 5K to drive full-sized headphones in a home/work setting? I need to figure out a few things though.

First, has anyone figured out a good mounting system that won't damage headbands?
Second, is there a good source for short (6-12") cables, preferrably ones with right-angle plugs to lower the headphone profile?

According to the website, the Balanced Output is 4 VRMS (240 mW/Ch), and the Single Ended Output is 2 VRMS (80 mW/Ch).
Depending on the particular headphones, you could probably use a strip of Velcro wrapped around the frame, and clip the Q5K to it.
As far as getting a cable, the specific type depends on the headphone input jack.
A lot of the headphones with balanced inputs that I've seen, have jacks on both earpieces - so you'd need a cable with one channel that's long enough to go over the headband.

Feb 16, 2024 at 12:50 AM Post #4,522 of 4,753

I fitted this beyerdynamic Custom One Pro headband cushion because the paint was flaking off my elderly Sennheiser HD650. Most of this 2.5mm cable can be folded up underneath the cushion's flap. The 5K clips on to a velcro strap.

Attachments

• 20240216_052739.jpg
    20240216_052739.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Feb 16, 2024 at 10:24 PM Post #4,523 of 4,753
That is a very good solution. Thanks for the inspiration.

Do you find the 5K drives the HD650 well? I would like to stick with planar headphones, but I don't think there is a bluetooth device that would be able to drive them...

Feb 17, 2024 at 12:04 AM Post #4,524 of 4,753
The 5K has plenty of gain for the HD 650, I don't need to use the high voltage mode. It doesn't sound as good as a desktop amp, but with EQ (bass boost, or the preloaded HD 650 settings) I'm happy with the results. The sound is disappointingly limp without EQ though.

Feb 19, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #4,528 of 4,753
How many hours of battery life do you get with full sized headphones (Sundara, HD650, etc.)?
Doesnt matter if its iems or full sized headphones, what matters is the sensitivity. You can have iem and HP with same sensitivity and have same battery life.
So you need to compare 2 specific models(iems and HPs).

Edit: For some reason i read your comment as if youre asking compared to IEMs, dont know where i got that from :)

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #4,529 of 4,753
How many hours of battery life do you get with full sized headphones (Sundara, HD650, etc.)?
Really depends on how you use it (volume, DSP settings, etc) and how hard the 5K needs to work to drive the specific headphones. On my easy to drive AKG K361, I get 3-4 hours, other headphones, a bit less.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back