The Qudelix-5K thread
Jan 27, 2024 at 9:09 PM Post #4,502 of 4,753
Wouldn't it be good to have a notification (tone) when the battery reaches 20% so we don't need to keep on checking if we are dangerously draining it ?
You wont be ever dangerously draining it. Dangerously draining it would be going below 2.5v, safe is considered 3v, 3.3v and above is for longevity. Qudelix 5K has cutoff voltage at 3.5v under load, meaning it would recover few milivolts when the load has stopped, meaning it will be above 3.5v. So i wouldnt worry too much.
There is beeping starting at around 3.6v if i remember correctly, so if you wish you can stop using it when you do hear it. For me thats about 20-30 minutes left runtime when i hear it.

Jan 29, 2024 at 2:33 AM Post #4,503 of 4,753
I am using the Tangzu Fudu with the 5K and am looking for peq suggestions to increase the bass slam. Any suggestions are welcome.

Jan 29, 2024 at 2:54 AM Post #4,504 of 4,753
I am using the Tangzu Fudu with the 5K and am looking for peq suggestions to increase the bass slam. Any suggestions are welcome.
Looks like those iems have two profiles already in AutoEQ. Did you try those?

Jan 29, 2024 at 2:58 AM Post #4,505 of 4,753
Jan 29, 2024 at 3:11 AM Post #4,506 of 4,753
Looks like those iems have two profiles already in AutoEQ. Did you try those?
I tried it and didn't like it at all. sucks out the low end completely IMO

Jan 29, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #4,507 of 4,753
I tried it and didn't like it at all. sucks out the low end completely IMO
Most of the AutoEQ profiles also have a low shelf and a high shelf so that you can adjust them to your own taste. Try boosting the low shelf by a couple dB (and be sure to give yourself the appropriate headroom to compensate).

Jan 30, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #4,508 of 4,753
Hi.

I have some wierd idea in mind. Ultraportable solution but with parametric EQ and without Bluetooth.
So I'm thinking about Hiby R3 connecten via USB to Qudelix 5K.
Have someone tried this kind of wierdness? Will it even work at all?

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:04 AM Post #4,509 of 4,753
Hi.

I have some wierd idea in mind. Ultraportable solution but with parametric EQ and without Bluetooth.
So I'm thinking about Hiby R3 connecten via USB to Qudelix 5K.
Have someone tried this kind of wierdness? Will it even work at all?
Isn't the Hiby also a DAC? If so, then it only outputs analog, so you'd have to add an ADC to convert back to digital to give the 5K an input signal (or vice versa). I don't think there are any ADCs that small that are also battery powered. Besides, even if you could do this, each of the three devices would add considerable noise at each step (the 5K alone has a relatively high THD of ~80dB), far outweighing any advantage you might gain through PEQ IMO. Not a good idea.

The 5K isn't useful as a standalone DSP device (PEQ) since you can't bypass its DAC in order to output digital. The PEQ is just a nice bonus to add to its bevy of features as a mobile bluetooth dongle.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #4,510 of 4,753
Isn't the Hiby also a DAC? If so, then it only outputs analog, so you'd have to add an ADC to convert back to digital to give the 5K an input signal (or vice versa). I don't think there are any ADCs that small that are also battery powered. Besides, even if you could do this, each of the three devices would add considerable noise at each step (the 5K alone has a relatively high THD of ~80dB), far outweighing any advantage you might gain through PEQ IMO. Not a good idea.

The 5K isn't useful as a standalone DSP device (PEQ) since you can't bypass its DAC in order to output digital. The PEQ is just a nice bonus to add to its bevy of features as a mobile bluetooth dongle.
No. Not that wierd.

R3 can work with most USB DACs just like regular android smartphone without ADC just USB connection. It surely works with Cayin RU6 and 7, Hiby FC6 and others. I'm pretty sure R3 worked via USB with Fiio BTR5 when I had one.
I'm just sure about Qudelix 5K.

Jan 30, 2024 at 4:10 PM Post #4,511 of 4,753
No. Not that wierd.

R3 can work with most USB DACs just like regular android smartphone without ADC just USB connection. It surely works with Cayin RU6 and 7, Hiby FC6 and others. I'm pretty sure R3 worked via USB with Fiio BTR5 when I had one.
I'm just sure about Qudelix 5K.
I guess I’m not sure what you’re trying to do then. If the Hiby can output digital, then why use it at all in this case? Confused.

Jan 30, 2024 at 9:14 PM Post #4,512 of 4,753
I guess I’m not sure what you’re trying to do then. If the Hiby can output digital, then why use it at all in this case? Confused.
Hiby R3 has no PEQ and sounds kinda meh on it's own. So R3 paired with 5k potentially can be still a compact thing but with better sound and PEQ.
PEQ is a particually important thing to me. Otherwise I would just use R3 + Hiby FC6 (or Cayin RU7).

Feb 12, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #4,514 of 4,753
Anyone had their right channel @ the 2.5 mm balanced output stop playing sound?

Mine suddenly stopped. If I press the connector halfway in I get a signal in one channel, and if I press it all the way it swaps to the other channel. I reckon this means that the lowest connector inside the balanced port is broken, and that I get a signal when the connector is halfway in because it connects to the "wrong" channel...

Anyone with similar experience? :)

Feb 12, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #4,515 of 4,753
Anyone had their right channel @ the 2.5 mm balanced output stop playing sound?

Mine suddenly stopped. If I press the connector halfway in I get a signal in one channel, and if I press it all the way it swaps to the other channel. I reckon this means that the lowest connector inside the balanced port is broken, and that I get a signal when the connector is halfway in because it connects to the "wrong" channel...

Anyone with similar experience? :)
When this happens to me with any piece of gear, 9 times out of 10 it's the cable. Could also be a piece of lint stuck in the connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back