The Qudelix-5K thread
Nov 21, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #4,396 of 4,753
I recently purchased the Qudelix-5K Bluetooth USB DAC/Amp, and I must say it has completely exceeded my expectations in every way. This little device has added a whole new dimension to my audio experience, and I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

First and foremost, the sound quality is absolutely stunning. The Qudelix-5K delivers rich, clear, and detailed audio that has breathed new life into my music collection. Whether I'm listening to my favorite songs, watching movies, or playing video games, the audio quality is impeccable. The DAC/Amp combination truly elevates the sound to a new level, and I can now hear nuances in my music that I never noticed before.

The Bluetooth connectivity is seamless and reliable. Pairing with my devices is quick and hassle-free, and I appreciate the excellent range, which allows me to move around without losing the connection. It's a joy to have wireless audio freedom without sacrificing audio quality.

The versatility of this device is another standout feature. I can use it with a wide range of headphones and earphones, and it's compatible with various devices, including smartphones, tablets, and laptops. The Qudelix-5K is highly customizable, allowing me to fine-tune the audio to my personal preferences using the companion app, which is user-friendly and offers a plethora of customization options.

The build quality is excellent, with a sleek and compact design that feels durable and looks great on my desk or in my pocket. The device is also easy to control with its intuitive buttons and LED display.

Overall, the Qudelix-5K Bluetooth USB DAC/Amp has significantly improved my audio experience, making it more immersive and enjoyable. It's a versatile, high-quality device that offers top-notch sound quality, easy connectivity, and customization options. I highly recommend it to any audio enthusiast or anyone looking to enhance their audio setup. It's a fantastic investment that brings music, movies, and games to life like never before.
Welcome to the thread! You're enthusiasm for the 5K is totally warranted, and your remarks echo my feelings about this little powerhouse. My version is from the Kickstarter batch, and it performs flawlessly even today. I have relegated it to morning coffee with some Grados while perusing other threads for new music. Should it ever go down I would immediately purchase another one. This device has been my best audio purchase EVER.

Nov 30, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #4,400 of 4,753
I'm about to pull the trigger on the Qudelix-5K. I'll be using with Iphone 13, apple music and Beyerdynamic T51i (32 ohm) headphones. I'll mostly be listening at home in office and also on treadmill. If I don't want to use bluetooth will I need to buy the USB C DAC OTG like this

https://www.amazon.com/Oxygen-free-Adaptor-Amplifier-qudelix-Shanling/dp/B09KLXYQDH?th=1

Also, any other suggestions or thoughts on the 5K as we;; as any other similar product recommendations that would equal to or surpass the 5K as best bang for the buck. Didn't want to spend more than $150.

TIA

Nov 30, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #4,403 of 4,753
New FiiO BTR-15 is the one I would pick if I didn’t have the Qudelix. More powerful, better build, screen, and now allows EQ over usb
Only issue is FiiO QC/support. I've had the unpleasant chance to deal with that.

Nov 30, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #4,404 of 4,753
don't you need that big Apple OTG camera thing?
No. I used the Cayin lighting to type-c cable with the 5K and an iPhone 13Pro for almost 2 years.

A MagSafe case, with a MagSafe sticker on the back of the 5K made it a very nice convenient setup as well.

Only issue is the 5K will run off of the phones battery instead of the battery that is inside the 5K. Not the best for the phones battery life or the overall battery health of the phone. This is the same as any batteryless dongle, so no worse than using most dongles though.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2023 at 7:14 PM Post #4,405 of 4,753
New FiiO BTR-15 is the one I would pick if I didn’t have the Qudelix. More powerful, better build, screen, and now allows EQ over usb
In reality 340mw over 240mw is an increase of 1.25db in loudness, which is pretty negligible. Also nothing wrong with the build of the Qudelix, just using cheaper material, full plastic body, which on the other hand helps with the reception of the device as there is no metal to reflect the signal.

Dec 1, 2023 at 1:50 AM Post #4,406 of 4,753
Only issue is FiiO QC/support. I've had the unpleasant chance to deal with that.
Yeah they Support of qudelix is very nice but the QC is at the same level. Had no problem with the 2.5mm socket in the BTR 5 but twice with the 5K (cracking, Channel unbalance). I think PEQ Options one the Qudelix 5K are still way ahead. But Look and feel and the 4.4mm Socket speaks for the BTR15. So it depends on your needs and preferences.

Dec 1, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #4,407 of 4,753
Yeah they Support of qudelix is very nice but the QC is at the same level. Had no problem with the 2.5mm socket in the BTR 5 but twice with the 5K (cracking, Channel unbalance). I think PEQ Options one the Qudelix 5K are still way ahead. But Look and feel and the 4.4mm Socket speaks for the BTR15. So it depends on your needs and preferences.
I would be using the 2.5mm so hopefully that won’t be a problem with the 5K. Although I have a 3.5mm adapter if needed for the BTR15. I guess I should check out the FiiO BTR 15 more before any final decisions. Any other thoughts or recommendations between the 5K or BTR15 or any others? Thanks all.

Dec 1, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #4,408 of 4,753
How is the battery on the BTR15? I've seen some reviews that it lasted less than an hour in USB mode…

Dec 1, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #4,409 of 4,753
Hello every one. Has anybody experienced problems with the 5K constantly switching from USB to Bluetooth connection when trying to use it in USB mode? I'm using it balanced and I'm having the problem every time my iPhones are being un-locked and when skipping to the next song or even just when playing a song for the first time. I've the same issue with iPhone 12 and iPhone XR. The issue has come to a point in which the USB connection is practically un-usable. I've reseted the 5K, un-install/re-install the Qudelix app on iPhone, set USB as priority, disabled the Bluetooth connection, re-paired the Bluetoth connections, turn off and back on the iPhone. No joy.

Dec 1, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #4,410 of 4,753
Hello every one. Has anybody experienced problems with the 5K constantly switching from USB to Bluetooth connection when trying to use it in USB mode? I'm using it balanced and I'm having the problem every time my iPhones are being un-locked and when skipping to the next song or even just when playing a song for the first time. I've the same issue with iPhone 12 and iPhone XR. The issue has come to a point in which the USB connection is practically un-usable. I've reseted the 5K, un-install/re-install the Qudelix app on iPhone, set USB as priority, disabled the Bluetooth connection, re-paired the Bluetoth connections, turn off and back on the iPhone. No joy.
I have previously experienced this many times. The culprit, for me, was the lightning connection was either dirty or the lightning cable was not getting a good, consistent connection. When I first had a similar issue, the solution was to simply clean the lightning connector. The second time I had a similar issue, my favorite USB-C to Lightning connector was the culprit. It just stopped getting a good connection. Most recently, I had the issue again. This time, after testing my back up USB-C to Lightning cable on other iPhones in my house, it was determined that my iPhone has a slightly loose lightning socket. So I ordered a couple new connectors hoping I could find another connector that fit more tightly. Great success! I found this one and this Cayin one both fit very well and fixed the issue(s). So I use the Cayin one daily and I keep the other for a backup. Much cheaper than replacing my iPhone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back